Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data disappeared after sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been watching the steps for the last few days but hadn't synced. I had about 8,000 steps this evening, 10,000 yesterday, 11,000 the day before. I synced just now using the app on my android phone. At first the steps showed up on the phone app. But then when I checked again after a minute, the steps had zeroed out for today and all recent days.

--steps are 0 on the phone app, the device, and the web dashboard--0 in all three places

--the time appears to be set correctly and was set correctly before

--I tried restarting the device and that did nothing

Why did this happen and is it going to happen again?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Beedorky,

Welcome to the community!

Out of curiosity, did you allow your Fitbit battery to deplete recently?  And if so, did you charge it and start using it before syncing?

When you deplete the battery on a Fitbit, it stops tracking time.  When you start to charge it, it starts to keep time again, where it left off...

I know that you mention that the time was correct before this occurred, but that may have just been happenstance...  remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Is it syncing correctly now?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Beedorky Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is very strange! When was the last time you synced your tracker before Friday?

It should not happen again after the restart. Make sure to perform the restart at least three time in a row. Have you synced your tracker again after Friday?

Also, it is recommended for you to sync your tracker every day at least twice. That could prevent this from happening again and if your tracker is having any troubles Fitbit can identify it if there is any syncing data. Please make sure to sync it!

To recover the steps for the previous days at this point; you can try logging those activities manually. That should credit you with steps.

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Beedorky,

Welcome to the community!

Out of curiosity, did you allow your Fitbit battery to deplete recently?  And if so, did you charge it and start using it before syncing?

When you deplete the battery on a Fitbit, it stops tracking time.  When you start to charge it, it starts to keep time again, where it left off...

I know that you mention that the time was correct before this occurred, but that may have just been happenstance...  remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Is it syncing correctly now?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer