Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Windows 10 and Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi all

all of a sudden, my windows 10 desktop computer will not open the fitbit app....when i lot in, i get a

"problem logging in  authorization failed" message....but I can log in on the desktop if i use my browser (and mobile phone)...it seems it's just the windows 10 fitbit ap...has been working just fine until now...any ideas?  many thanks!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@drhippo   Just a small clarification.  The Fitbit app for Windows 10 is different from Fitbit Connect.  Both are getting turned off on October 13.  You must continue to use your phone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @drhippo  next month the Fitbit Connect app for desktops will no longer be available for us to use. You have a compatible phone you can use?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks! that might explain it...yes, works fine on my phone and hopefully
can be synced there.

--
Alan
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can always check the dashboard on your computer, but at some point you won't be able to sync to it. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drhippo   Just a small clarification.  The Fitbit app for Windows 10 is different from Fitbit Connect.  Both are getting turned off on October 13.  You must continue to use your phone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Why in the world of foolishness does google not support this relied upon legacy App? It was working perfectly the last week of October 2022 for me. What is this platforms alternative?

Yet nothing has been corrected to slow scammers and wasters to create accounts and plague the entire community with quote "friend" requests.  

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer

So, we can no longer use Fitbit on a computer?  Is the only answer to put the app onto my phone?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app 5 or 6 times today and restarted the computer several times.  I know it's not my password as I've logged out online and reentered the password, no problem.  I've been having trouble for several years with syncing problems - lately the app worked if I restarted my computer.  

So, once again (just so I know what to do) - I have to use the app on my phone ONLY, correct?

Best Answer

@GreaneJeane   Yes, you must use your phone or a tablet.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I think this is terrible that you are forcing me to use a mobile device to use my fitbit!!  Your customer service is TERRIBLE!  Many users have no need to keep the world advised of what they do or do not do every day.  I use my fitbit as a watch more than anything and now I cannot set it - it is a useless piece of technology.  I can assure you that I will NEVER buy a fitbit product again!

Best Answer

Agreed.  This is a terrible decision. I refuse to use my phone to sync my Fitbit.  The Windows PC app was working fine. There is no valid reason to turn it off.  If this is the case moving forward,  I will never purchase another Fitbit device.  I'm done.

Best Answer

Today, I wanted to update my playlist on my Versa, and I cannot do that anymore. Your App even states that I must use the Fitbit software on my computer to transfer files. Fantastic. Who writes your software? Primary school kids? Oh no wait, they might do a better job. Your app does not give me the option to transfer files anymore. Well done Fitbit. Your product sucks. 

Best Answer

What do you mean do we have a compatible phone?  I have the app on my phone, but it tells me to use the desktop app to put music on the watch;   the desktop app is gone.  I see no way to update the music on my watch so I don't have to carry my phone when I run.  

I will certainly not be buying another Fitbit if this is the case. 

Best Answer

Use my phone for what?  There is no way to update the music on my Versa 2 via my phone.   

Best Answer

@BikerBrian  @BeachRunner321   You added on to a thread in the One forum, a device that can’t store music.  Fitbit deactivated the Fitbit app for Windows 10 and Fitbit Connect in October.  There is no way to change the current music on your devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

And what do you do if you don't own a smart phone? Throw the watch away! I don't need or want a smart phone, so they made my watch unusable. Called them and the only answer I got was I have to get a phone, even though they made my watch useless, they will do nothing!! 

Best Answer