Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To sync reliability, let Fitbit link to One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of today, December 12, 2022, I started seeing this message in the Android Fitbit app.  The One still seems to be syncing, bit this message keeps popping up at the top of the app interface suggesting there is an issue with the Bluetooth pairing between the phone and the One.  Clearly they are paired or there wouldn't be any data from the tracker in the app, which there is.

Anyone else seeing this message?

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi @michae1a1ee  Yes! A friend of mine with a Zip got a similar message. They are using Android system, too. Despite restarting the phone and logging in and out of the app, the message remained. They have been able to sync, so I'm thinking it might be a glitch. They are on Android 10 or 11. I'm on Android 9 and have no such message. We'll see how things look for everyone in the morning. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I just got it today 12/13.  Even uninstalled / reinstalled.  I think the app did update within the last few days but I'm not certain.  Android 12 OS.  App version 3.72

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I just found in the manage apps that it updated this morning.

Come to think of it that is weird given I uninstalled / reinstalled about 1/2 hour ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app very likely did a recent update to cause this change.  I have reported this to Fitbit Support now.  Hopefully they can get this software check removed soon as I don't think the Fitbit One can be paired to the phone as a Bluetooth device in the manner that the error is referencing.

Best Answer

'To sync reliability, let Fitbit link to Flex' is the error I have and it is annoying. How can this be removed?

Best Answer

Me too.  Driving me crazy.  Any recommendations to fix this?

Best Answer

Hi @JulieHartwig  there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it. My friend (posted above about it) still has to ignore it and sync. Other than that, it seems to work as usual.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes it still syncs but I also use that pull down to see how much battery.  The other view only says high/med/low.  Not good enough as around the lower end of med mine starts dropping like a rock.  Might not make it through the day.  Of course crickets from Fitbit

Best Answer

Same problem here but it didn't start until yesterday.  I hope Fitbit addresses this soon.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I am running IOS 15.7.1 on an Iphone 7.

Best Answer

Yep issue still seems to exist, even tried the chat help. Still a bug in the app.  Although luckily steps still syncing.

Best Answer

BTW don't think you are using the "wrong platform"...as an iPhone user for decades, I can tell you that the iPhone is getting this same error in the past week or 2. "Connect iPhone to bluetooth for better connection" is our error with a FIX IT button next to the error. When we tap FIT IT, the message goes away. Under Bluetooth settings, the FitBit One is no longer displayed. Hit or miss sleep tracking. No step tracking. Time is frequently wrong. Google turned this into trash.

Best Answer

It doesn't go away on my android.  I tap fix it and I get a new screen of nonsense (telling me to connect).  When I go back the message is still there.

My steps, sleep etc are working OK.  But sync isn't very reliable.  I do a reset almost every time I charge it because it won't sync.  As soon as I reset, it is fine for awhile

Best Answer

I've been getting the message for about 2 weeks, but yesterday it stopped syncing altogether. Tried uninstall/reinstall and still nothing. I can manual log steps but not floors and not accurate sleep. Fitbit doesn't seem to want to help thoswe of us with older devices and now they are blocking us out. When my ONE dies I'll go with someone other than FITBIT!

Best Answer

I feel the same way.  When my One dies I'll be looking at something besides Fitbit.  You'd think there would be some pride to have a product out and working correctly.  Which for me is almost 10 years with the same device-no replacement.

Best Answer

Actually I'd give up my One and go somewhere else except for one thing.  My wife, daughter, son-in-law, sister are on it and we enjoy the weekly notice where the top dog can rib the rest and of course that works its way down the score.   What I like about the one is the clip on feature.  I actually bought an HR+ (or something like that) because you could get a clip but found out you lose features unless you use a band (how stupid) so I sent it back and went back to the one.  Don't like wearing stuff on my wrist.

Best Answer

Exactly!  I don't like stuff on my wrist either.  Plus worn on the wrist record doesn't record as accurately for me.  A few times I've worn the sleep band for an hour plus walk and I know ball park how many steps I should have and it shorted me by at least 2000 steps plus the time was also shorted.

Best Answer

Odd.  I've always had the opposite.  At one point my son-in-law had a broken wrist one and was getting a new band but decided not to wait and he got a fancier model.  So I had that one for awhile to try it out.  Registered it under a second account so I could do both and the wrist consistently recorded more for me.  I'd be up around an extra 10,000 each week (my normal is around 72K).  I find the same thing now.  I have a garmin that I use for my bicycling (pulse, gps route etc).  My fitbit can have a 1000 headstart on the day and the garmin will pass it in steps by the end of the day.

Best Answer
And to think that it all started with the statement that old standards must
be torn down the shoe fits here
Best Answer