Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To sync reliability, let Fitbit link to One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of today, December 12, 2022, I started seeing this message in the Android Fitbit app.  The One still seems to be syncing, bit this message keeps popping up at the top of the app interface suggesting there is an issue with the Bluetooth pairing between the phone and the One.  Clearly they are paired or there wouldn't be any data from the tracker in the app, which there is.

Anyone else seeing this message?

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Mine just started that message last month. It won't sync without me jumping through hoops doing all. These things to try to sync it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. Not sure what version I have. Get so many updates just not sure what version I have  keeps tell me yo down load & that I need the app for the sync to work. I've had the app since 2015 not sure if it will delete all my data if I use the  install again. Does nyone know. I'm not paying for the premium version, just the one I got when I got my phone & Fitbit One. Any help or suggestions you can send my way????? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obviously it doesn't look much better since I'm typing this on March 17th 2023. Mine is still telling me that I need to install the app for this thing to work. It just takes me so much time turning it on turning it off, restarting, adding more water than what I'm actually drinking, then deleting the water I didn't drink trying to tweak the numbers just for it to get the correct steps and the sync. Any suggestions. The only thing I haven't uninstalled software for Fitbit and re_install it. I've been afraid it will lose my data all the way back to 2015 when I purchased it. Don't like the wrist type, having to swing the arms to count steps. Doesn't work if you're pushing grocery carts or use a cane or walker to walk. So frustrating! Am open to any ideas to fix this stupid error message about syncing & needing the app or connect Bluetooth when it's already there. Software just not recognizing it. Look forward to input from any Fitbit One user. Thanks! 

Best Answer

You shouldn't lose your info by uninstalling / reinstalling the app.  The steps are in the cloud.  I'm syncing pretty well on my Samsung (new) and previous google pixel3.  The big annoyance is that message that covers up my battery SOC.  My One's battery drains erratically so I have to keep track of it.  A charge might last a week or be gone the next day and the battery level shown elsewhere is too imprecise (battery might be gone in a couple hours after it showed 'medium').

All that said, this might help make you feel more comfortable.  I just looked at the app and my One to make sure they agreed.  I uninstalled the app on the phone.   Closed all apps.  Restarted the phone.  Re-installed the fitbit app.  Logged in and granted the permissions.  My steps are there and while I didn't take notice of the sleep info, it looks about right.  I went back through this week and all the numbers look right on the app.

Best Answer