Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ANYBODY'S One still work correctly?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just curious. If fitbit has essentially killed them off, it would have been nice if they'd given us a 6 month notice.

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Mine's 4 years old and working just as good as the first day.

Best Answer

That's good to hear.  Please don't do any of the updates!  I just spent 30 minutes with customer service and after going through all the steps I've already done a hundred times I basically got told it's an issue with the app and they're working on another fix.  

Hmm.  Maybe I'll uninstall the app and use computer only if your One is still working.

Best Answer

Just tried to reset my One. Still unsuccessful. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Android (LG). Still will not reset. Will not allow download of the update either. Getting very frustrated! Any suggestions or recommendations? Looking into another line of exercise tracker.

Best Answer

Mine isn't working properly. :'(. It won't sync, and the updated app simply cannot find it!. 

Best Answer

Mine is little over 2 years old and works great! My friend's One is about 1 1/2 years old, has gone through her washing machine at least 8 times and it is still working fine!

Best Answer
Yes mine has gone thru the wash, but now it will not communicate with my
computer nor phone. Nor can I download the upgrade. Syncing is impossible.
Frustrating.
Best Answer

Mine also works very well. I had one that lasted 4 years.

This new one is a year old and still works great

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has comeback to life! After restarting it several times, sync worked
with an ipad not updated to the new iOS version; some time later, it
worked also with the iphone.
Best Answer

Ok, thanks everyone.

I was told yesterday that my fitbit was fine and my issue was with the app.  I uninstalled it, charged my fitbit all night, and the battery lasted for 75 steps.  It's still very wonky.  Won't display most of the time, seriously rapid battery drain, etc.  If my app is uninstalled I'm not sure how it's the app doing that.

All my issues started with the recent updates.  Oh well.  It worked great when it did.  Definitely doesn't now!

Best Answer

My One stopped syncing yesterday afternoon.  After looking at 'fixes' and trying most if not all of them, nothing is fixing my sync problem 😞

Best Answer

Mine started acting funny this morning! The app can't seem to find it, and it's not updating! Anyone know what the problem is?

Best Answer

@smosk Mine has been doing that every morning. It seems as if the app is logging me out, but then not telling me it has done that. When I close and reopen the app, it asks me to log in, and then the One will sync, but if I don't close and reopen the app it just keeps on not working. Having to log in every single morning is extremely frustrating, but see if closing and reopening the app will at least let you sync.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
I tried that. I even shut down my phone for an hour! Still not syncing.
Very frustrating! I switch from the One to the Charge 2 every day. I wear the One at work because I can’t wear a watch when I go out to the plant. Then I put the Charge 2 on at home. This is the first day I’ve had an issue with the changeover.
I’ll look further into it when I get home. The One is working, just not syncing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

What happens if you click the log out link in the app and then log back in?

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
Just tried that - didn’t work. AARRGGH! Frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@smosk Well, when I suggested logging out and back in, that had worked for me, bu now an hour later my One won't sync to my iPad, and that hasn't worked. This is extremely frustrating, to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed! If I figure anything out I’ll let you know

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

NO! My fitbit one is essentially dead.  The only time it shows signs of life is when it is on charge and shows it is fully charged.  As soon as I take it off charge, it is dead, no steps counted, no sync.  Even after all the new update to 'fix' it.  What a joke Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi, mine stopped working as of today with no notice this sucks.

Best Answer