Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ANYBODY'S One still work correctly?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just curious. If fitbit has essentially killed them off, it would have been nice if they'd given us a 6 month notice.

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54
Exactly the same thing happened to mine! 😞
Best Answer

I have been having issues for about a month.  I thought my One was just getting old because it is almost 4 years old. The battery used to last up to 3 weeks, now it is only a couple of days.  I tried to order new One only to find out they discontinued them.  I looked around until I found one on EBay.  Mine has been very slow to sync today.  Sounds like they need to create a patch for the last update.   

@FitTXDC wrote:

I’d like to believe Fitbit really is working on this, but considering the lack of communication from them and lack of progress made, it’s clear the One is way down on their priority list. Boggles my mind why they can’t just get this done. I’m hoping everyone having issues lets them know directly so they have a better idea how many people/customers have been impacted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One was working great yesterday and stopped working overnight. It tracked a portion of my sleep and then stopped working. I cannot get it to turn on at all, even when in the charger and it has not tracked anything since last night on the app. Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer

My one-year-old One was working absolutely fine, then suddenly stopped dead in its tracks. About 12 hours later it restarted, but was still showing the previous night's time. It corrected itself and worked for a few hours before shutting down again for another 12 hours.

I've just got it to restart while typing this and, yep, it correctly showed 12 paces across the room, but then finished up showing 4 paces. Whaaat??? I guess it had just slipped over a time zone during that long journey. And it appears to have worn itself out doing that.

It's now become a very expensive toy to play with during long calls. Will the lights come on? Is anyone home?

Have had a day playing with my old pedometer (small, convenient, but old tech) and Google Fit (nice, does everything I want, but invasive).

Frankly, am very cross that this toy cost £70 and only lasted a year. If I'd known it would only last a year, I'd have sought an alternative solution.

So, no, my One is not working. Good luck, everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won't turn on either, except for a moment when plugged into charger.  Tried re-setting multiple times (holding down the "power" button for 30 sec).  Even bought a new charger recently thinking that was the problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dehrtpIsn't 30 seconds too long for a reset?

The procedure I've followed is:

1. plug in charging lead

2. put One into the charging lead (metal bits together)

3. hold down the button on One for 10-12 seconds

4. take One out of the charging lead

5. count to 20 and take deep breaths (optional, but potentially useful)

6. hold down the button on One for, say, 5 seconds

Mine resets, but then only seems to work intermittently after that. {sigh}

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, the consensus that I'm getting is that this is an issue of some sort with an update? I read about the security update, but am unsure if that was the tracking device or the app - I haven't been able to sync since 11:50 on Monday morning and I'm getting a bit frustrated at this point.

If I reset the device, am I going to lose 2 days of tracking?

If I unpair the device then re-pair it, same question?

Also, I do not believe I have the dongle to add this to my computer any longer - are there any other options? I am trying to figure out if my computer has Bluetooth, but I really have no clue...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine updated overnight. I have also had issues where one minute the battery is half full and then it is dead. One time after charging it was blank and I shook it a little and it lit up. I'm happy to hear this may be a known issue, but I would be happier if Fitbit would come up with a fix especially since I just purchased a new one on eBay. Maybe we all need to call the help line daily until this is corrected.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I let it reset itself overnight. I love my One I hope the fix the issues soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the problem is the updating of the app. My One began with charge
running in six days instead of 13, as it used to last, after an updating,
some weeks ago; and the sync problems began after updating to IOS 11.2.41.1
I restarted the iphone and the One three times; closing the session and
opening again three times, and syncronizing with a not updated ipad (iOs
10...) and it’s working again. But the battery charge is still running
quickly. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't remember where I got 30 sec from...but just tried this steps....glad I didn't hold that deep breath! (Smiley LOL)   Still no life from it.  Thanks though.

Best Answer

@dehrtp  Smiley Sad  Aah, sorry to hear that. It's giving us some mental exercise at any rate, and plenty of deep breathing practice in my case!

Meantime, a stroll around the block with my ancient pedometer, Google Fit and the disobliging One revealed a variety of opinions on steps and distance, with a low count of 62 from One and a close-to-matching count of 2,500 from the trusty pedometer & Google Fit.

Hmm, it seems that there's life after One after all...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry this is happening to more and more people. 

Yes, we should probably start calling every day. Or posting on fitbit’s social media sites. Or both. 

I can not believe fitbit really has anyone working on this. It’s been how many weeks/months now? Definitely not leaving a good impression on me and since I’m the purchaser for several family and running group members I can’t in good conscience keep giving them business if this is how they treat loyal customers - which they are apparently doing.  

So disappointed with them. Boo. 

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen, but it turns on periodically and has not counter steps since it came off the charger. Was hoping mine would "go back to normal" on it's own. :'(

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like there are multiple issues going on here. Here's what I see are the main concerns: 

Anyone who received the firmware update and is getting stuck updating the device, please see the troubleshoots in this post.

Anyone who is syncing with iOS and has noticed the battery draining quickly, this is a known issue, we recommend turning off All Day Sync if you have already. For updates see this thread

For syncing issues, please check out this article if you haven't already. 

I will be closing this thread for further comments. If there is something not addressed here, please feel free to start a new thread defining what you are experiencing in the title, it helps when finding solutions. Thank you! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes