Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False sleep interruptions are recorded

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do not wear my fit bit when I sleep, but recently, when I record my sleeping hours, the results say that my sleep was interrupted numerous times.  Is my FitBit One defective?  How do I delete this false information?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@capitol-hillian Welcome to the Fitbit family! How are you recording your sleep? Try wearing it when sleeping, it is the best way ti get accurate results. To properly track sleep with your One do the following:

• Place your tracker into the sleep wristband and affix the band around your non-dominant wrist.
  • Once you are in bed and ready to fall asleep, press and hold the tracker's button for several seconds. You will see a stopwatch begin to count, and the other tracker icons will blink, indicating that you are in sleep mode.
  • When you wake up, hold the button down for several seconds to stop the sleep recording. Your tracker's icons will stop blinking, indicating that you've exited sleep mode.
  • Once you exit sleep mode, your tracker will resume displaying daily totals. Sync your tracker to see your sleep stats on the dashboard.

Now, to delete erroneous sleep records please go to the sleep log on your dashboard, select the sleep log and you can either delete it or edit it. This is how the option looks like:

sleepedit.PNG

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry I did not make myself clear.  I do not (and will not) wear a FitBit while I sleep.   Nevertheless, it records sleep interruptions, which are false because I never where it while I sleep.  The question is how to avoid these false readings, or how to delete them from my sleep record.  Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

@capitol-hillian Thanks for your reply and details! Well, in this case, to prevent false readings you can turn off your tracker. To do this, follow these steps: 

1. Put your One in the charging cable and plug it in.
  2. Hold the button for 12 seconds. The battery icon will disappear after about 5 seconds but keep holding the button a few seconds longer. Your One will turn off and you can remove it from the charging cable.
  3. To turn your One back on, press and hold the button for a few seconds.

Also, if you find the interruptions on a separate sleep log, you can delete it by following the instructions I left on my post above.

If the interruptions are within the one and only sleep log, best thing to do is to edit it by also following the instructions on my post above

Another thing you can try is to record sleep using the Fitbit app for mobile devices, if possible. You can turn off your One and then start the sleep recording on the Fitbit app. 

Any of these option should work for you, try the one you feel its the best one for what you are looking for!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes