Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit One battery dying extremely fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last week my FitBit one was working wonderfully.  Battery lasted a whole week like normal.  Last two days it has drained in one day and I have had to charge each day and now it's having trouble syncing.  Not sure if that is related.  The battery has never died that quickly and this is my second FitBit One.  Why is this happening?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm increasingly convinced that FitBit products are built to last 6-12 months maximum.  I've gone through 3 Flexes and 2 Ones in 2.5 years now.  I think I may be done with them.

And yes, my battery is doing exactly what yours is, and no, I don't think that restarting, minimizing syncing, uninstalling/reinstalling software is going to make a lick of good.  The batteries are just not designed to last.  Period. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

How old is it? 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

it's a year old at most. I don't think it is even that old. It's my second
one. I lost the first one, but the battery is dying so fast.

It's barely a year old. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Contact support

Email Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Phone
877-623-4997

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

will do.  thanks.

Best Answer

i have the same exact issue. I got this tracker in April or May 2015 so its almost a year old and had been holding a charge for 1 week+ up until the couple of weeks.  I don't recall making any changes to my phone settings, device has not gotten wet or damaged, etc.  I was told by Fitbit support to uncheck the "all day sync" and "always connected" in the dashboard on my phone and see if that helps.  these settings supposedly drain the battery in the device and phone faster.  I have always had them checked so it doesnt make sense to me that they are now the issue - i will give it a few more days.

Best Answer
Mine is doing the same exact thing. Has always gone 7-10 days on a charge then suddenly March 23rd 2016 it synced after morning exercising, then I came home in the evening expecting a synced 20k day however when I took Fitbit off, it totally black. No read. Battery was dead. I charged before going to bed, and the next morning it was dead again. I tried all the resetting, uninstalling, checking the settings on Pc, phone (uninstalled phone app, and iPads. Nothing works. Will not last a day charged. Now I'm charging every day just to use. I have lived with these fitbits for 3 yrs. Very disappointed in this one, and I have contacted Fitbit with so far "no good news". This is a replacement Fitbit that I received 10/15/2015 so less than 6 months old. I am not sure if they are misunderstanding the situation or not. I have sent pictures of my box and labeling and emails showing when this last one was shipped. warranty online says one year for defects. Unfortunately I am getting ready for a long trip and I wanted to have a working Fitbit. 😞
Best Answer

I'm increasingly convinced that FitBit products are built to last 6-12 months maximum.  I've gone through 3 Flexes and 2 Ones in 2.5 years now.  I think I may be done with them.

And yes, my battery is doing exactly what yours is, and no, I don't think that restarting, minimizing syncing, uninstalling/reinstalling software is going to make a lick of good.  The batteries are just not designed to last.  Period. 

Best Answer

This week my One will not hold a charge longer than a day......everything was fine last week and before ..always I had to charge once a week........

It is drainging in 1 day and I have had to charge it 2 times in 1 day........I do  not have continious sync on and

I do not check or sync all the time.......

what is going on?

kysouthpaw

Best Answer

I am starting to feel that way as well.

Best Answer

Another vote for EXACT same thing.  This fitbit is a replacement for one I had for a year and a half.  Fine up until today - charged it last night, went out all day, it's completely dead.  Black.  No response.  Sigh.... 

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem.  I have had my One for almost exactly a year.  I have washed it in the laundry few times and had no problems.  I've lost it for weeks at a time and had no problems.  It always went about 7 days without needing to charge.  I charged it on Monday saw that there was a full charge, then it dies over night on Wednesday.  I sure hope this is just a glitch.  I would hate to have to switch these out every year.

Best Answer

Had the same issue. Purchased my first One in June 2014 and by June 2016 it would need to be charged after about 3 days. Sounds like I was a bit more lucky than some who had this happen after one year.

Solution for me: bought a replacement on Amazon for $75. Of course I'd rather not have to have bought a new one, but the usage cost is rather low: including sales tax that's about $3.40/month. 

Best Answer

I have had the same thing as well. I am on my third fitbit and have had trouble with all of them. I bought the most recent one in January of 2015. Just got off the phone with customer service and they told me that my Fitbit One was out of warranty. I asked if I could get it fixed since I really didn't want to buy a fourth one. Customer service told me that they didn't really have a "fix it" department and offered my a 25% off coupon to buy another one. I really like using a Fitbit but I don't think I'll be buying any more of them!

Best Answer

Mine has actually lasted 3 years.  It now lasts for 2-3 days, including it once died, with no warning.

Time to replace?

Best Answer

Im very disappointed in the fitbit one. I  am convinced that FITBIT is not the way to go...inspite of paying so much more than other on the market products.

Age should not matter.  Mine is over a year old too.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I called and they are sending me a replacement..way to go fitbit!

Best Answer

Glad to hear they are replacing it! I am in the same boat and emailing them back and forth to get it resolved. My battery won't hold a charge more than 2-3 days and it's only 9 months old. I tried doing all their troubleshooting and I can't get it to sync at all now even after uninstalling and re-installing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll see if they replace mine. If not, or if they do and I have problems again, I am going to switch back to the fitbit zip. It had a button battery and I never had any problems with it.  I love the competition with my friends and it helps me get my steps in...it's very motivating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After just 18 months my fitbit one now drains it battery extremely fast despite cancelling all alarms etc. It has gone from full charge to dead in just one day causing a disappointing loss in data. Looked at replacing but the alternative (fitbit zip) does not have an altimeter. May be time to look elsewhere...

Best Answer