Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit One lost steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My current FitBit One is about 2 years old. Prior to this one, I owned a previous One for almost 3 years until I lost it.

This past week I took my One on vacation with me to finish up the challenge I was in, which ended on the first day of my vacation. After that, I put it into the hotel safe and left it there so I wouldn't lose it, since my destination was tropical and I was mostly at the beach and wouldn't need it in the water, etc.

Yesterday I put it on to travel home. When I got home I realized there was no data; it seemed like the battery was dead. This was odd since I had only used it for a day or so before putting it away, but okay. (I see in the forum that many are having short battery life problems recently, and I am as well, but that isn't the issue I'm writing about here. My battery is lasting 2-3 days lately.) Then it didn't seem to be charging...I normally charge via the USB port on my PC. After a few hours I saw nothing; it still seemed dead. (Usually if I charge it even for a short time, it is usable.) I took it out from the PC and used a wall USB charger and finally it came on, showing that the battery was almost fully charged. It also showed 6.6, which I'd never seen before. At that point I went to bed.

This morning it was working normally. Around 3 p.m. I saw I had 5900 steps. I ran a bunch of errands, and checked it at 7:30. It showed 905 steps. The time and time zone are correct, the battery is full, my iPhone app unfortunately shows a sync with the lower step count only. And, from Wed. of this past week, it shows 6000 steps....but I didn't wear it Wed.? I hadn't worn it since last Sat.???

So, (a) How do I get my steps back from today, and (b) why are steps showing for Wednesday when I didn't have the device on? Any help is appreciated and I'm sorry for the long post!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'm finding my best days of steps over 10,000, (which doesn't happen often), don't get recorded on my syncs.  I don't understand, because they're recorded at the end of the day on the One.  This has happened more than once, any ideas why?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I asked a question yesterday but can't find my post, sorry for the duplication.  I'm finding when I sync, my best days are not captured, those with over 10,000 steps aren't noted, which is a bummer when I have a great day and it seems lost.  Any suggestions on where they went?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@New_Jen thanks for joining us and for providing as much detail as possible! Smiley Wink Please note that when you restart your tracker, any un-synced data may be deleted.

Make sure that you're properly syncing your tracker by checking out the following post. Your tracker could show wrong data if not synced after it runs out of battery.

To retrieve the steps for those days you could add them manually. For instructions on how to do so, click here.

For tips on how to improve your One's battery life check out this article.

@Pepper55 welcome to the forums! I'm a little confused by what you are describing here. Could you please attach me a screenshot of your daily best not showing? That'll give a better picture of the situation. Looking forward to your new comments!

Catch you later guys. Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes