Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't understand why this is happening. Some days when I walk less and have less active minutes, Fitbit shows me burning more calories than on days with a lot more steps and active minutes. For example:

Friday, September 1: 7,017 steps, 0 active minutes: 1842 calories burned

Saturday, September 2: 11,630 steps, 59 active minutes: only 1824 calories burned

I had the same amount of exercises logged each day.

This happens regularly. Can anyone explain why this happens?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@momice welcome aboard! I'll be happy to help here. Do you have a Food Plan set up? The reason why I ask this is because, when you have your Food Plan set to personalized, it will use your past activity history to estimate your calorie burn for the day and increases or decreases if you're more or less active than usual. You can try switching it to Sedentary which is going to start out low and lets you earn calories as you are active throughout the day and with this setting you can start the day with a very low calorie estimate. 

You can find those settings here:

food plan settings.png

Let me know if I can further assist you! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Yes, I have a food plan set up, and it is already set to sendetary.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@momice thanks for the update! If the same activity gives you active minutes one day and fewer active minutes the next day, remember that the intensity of exercise is key.

Often what seems like the exact same amount of effort over the same distance in fact differs slightly enough to change your active minutes total. I suggest restarting your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How would restarting the tracker help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@momice It could be that your steps aren't being properly tracked, therefore your calories are inaccurate. This could be resolved by a restart.

If possible please attach a screenshot of the situation. That'll give me a better pic of what's going on.

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes