Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit One won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

After syncing my FitBit One to the app, fully charging, and updating, my FitBit One does not seem to turn on. I have tried holding the button down for 10-15 seconds, but nothing occurs.The only way my One turns on, is if it is plugged in, but it only shows the battery and nothing else. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

@NickCoch Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Did you tried the restart steps while your One was plugged in to the charging cable? In order to perform a restart it needs to be plugged.

Please check these steps for more details. You can do this a couple of times if you feel it necessary.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response @SantiR! Yes I have plugged in my FitBit One to reset it, followed all the steps and still nothing had occurred. I have tried to reset it about 5 or 6 times and nothing new happens. Any other ways of fixing it would be helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that several times over the last two days without any luck anymore suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Reset doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue really sucks as ive done so much running and walking how am i meant to beat my gfs stats now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  I charged my FB One, it showed full but would not sync so I put it back on the charger and held the button down for 10 seconds then tried to start it but it would not turn back on. The only thing that happened was that my app showed it was 100% charged but then nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

EXACT same issue for me too - shows version 6.64, then full battery. I remove it from the charger cable/dongle and it refuses to show anything on the screen. And it started doing this 30 minutes into my 31mi backpack in Ohlone Wilderness this past weekend... so apparently it didn't log a **ahem** thing of my 9000 vertical feet of climbing or anything. Why?? and bigger question: why isn't FitBit doing a "one" v2 - I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't/won't wear a watch!

Best Answer
Hello, Jogger.

By any chance, did your FB One get wet or damp? That is what I think may have happened to mine during a very bad Texas storm. I put it in dry rice and left it in over-night. No luck. Bought new rice and left it in several days, talked to it nicely several times, and it turned back on. I still have an issue with the button not working every time but the unit tracks great and has charged up fine. It is going on five years and I hope it goes five more! I love that little thing! Wish FB would bring it back!
Best Answer

I am a long time user. My old Fitbit One finally died after 5yrs, but I had bought a new one a few years back as I really liked it. Now it shows that it is fully charged, but only turns on when on the charger, and I've tried the reboot steps many times (at least 30+). It's brand new, never used, and right out of the package. It only shows the version 6.64 and a full battery and never steps, etc. I'm trying to contact customer service, but find you need Twitter....really? This is support? I don't want to sign up for Twitter. Thinking of quitting Fitbit and going to another company after this incredibly bad experience.

Best Answer
Hello, KS246,

Have you tried calling (877) 623-4997? I have reached out to that customer service number in the past and found them very supportive.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

The same thing happened to me. I charged it on Saturday and the thing added my steps for Monday but then wouldn't sync to my phone. Today I took it off to push the button the FITBIT 6.64 blinked on for 1 millisecond then turned off and now looks like it's deader than a doornail. Although my phone said it synced a moment ago, nothing is reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tmpe01 you can try resetting your tracker, by putting it into a plugged-in charger cable and holding the button for 15 seconds, then removing it and hitting the button again, however, if it doesn't turn on unless, in the charger, your battery is most likely dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine finally came back on but then started going crazy, turning the timer on all on its own. I think the batteries are all going out on the Ones. Mine is more than 5 1/2 years old. I wish I could find a place to refurbish it. I’ve searched all over but no one works on the FB One. I like my One better then my other FB devices.
Best Answer

@txwalker you're lucky to have gotten so long out of yours, these batteries, used or not, tend to die around the 3 or 4-year mark. As you've not found someone to refurbish it, and you've got nothing to lose, you can attempt to replace it yourself. Mine died around the 4th year, kept it around and eventually found a battery on eBay which was easy to replace (search my other posts, I've shared pictures). It was my first "soldering job", purchasing an inexpensive soldering iron specifically for this project. Well worth it 🙂 

You can also try JoesGe.com (I'm not associated with this company) that some people have mentioned and see if they're willing to replace this for you. Cheers!

Best Answer

THANK YOU, Willinger.  I love my Fitbit One because it was a gift from two friends, one who died, and it got me hooked on walking. I will try JoesGe.com because I doubt I could get my FB1 opened without breaking it.  There was a local man who refurbished them but he quit for that very reason, he broke too many. I really appreciate the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my One won't sync to my phone or other fitness apps. The app on my phone shows the message:

This version is no longer compatible with your One.  Your device may not be able to connect with the app until you update.

My app is up to date, so apparently they want me to update to a different device. Not happening. I actually have an Apple watch, which counts steps, but I don't wear it 24/7, and I do wear the One all the time, because of the sleep-tracking feature. The Apple watch also doesn't count stairs, which I like about the One, but I'm not wearing a Fitbit watch instead of OR in addition to the Apple watch, thank you very much.  So, unless they at least support my One, they've lost me as a customer. Apparently they don't care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, DH23.  I feel your pain!  I have a FB HR 2 & 3 plus a FB Zip but my FB One was my favorite.  It was still syncing with my others until the battery went out after 5 1/2 hrs.  It is SO sad that there is NO ONE that can replace the battery for those of us who love our old devices.  It’s not like we don’t have other, newer ones, it’s that we treasure our originals! I cannot bring myself to throw mine out.  I miss it! 

Best Answer

txwalker, today it's working again. Not sure what's different, except that it IS working!  I love the One, but I'm not interested in any of the other models, and I don't understand why FitBit is so resistant to keeping a proven model!

Best Answer

@txwalker you're welcome! However, I'm Williger (Willinger is a different family, or possibly related, many generations back, I've met a few but I digress) ... I hope JoesCE is able to help you, that would be great. I'd taken a similar perspective when approaching mine, though figured I couldn't make a dead tracker any worse, and it readily opened once warming it slightly with a heat gun on low around the outside. My out of pocket was under $20 for the battery and soldering iron which I can reuse for other projects in the future (already had a heat gun, and a hair-dryer for people who're less bald than myself would work too). Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes