Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit One won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

After syncing my FitBit One to the app, fully charging, and updating, my FitBit One does not seem to turn on. I have tried holding the button down for 10-15 seconds, but nothing occurs.The only way my One turns on, is if it is plugged in, but it only shows the battery and nothing else. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

@DH23 as it's prompting you to update the app, you may want to check manually if this is possible. I've got Android, and unless I go to the play store and seek out Fitbit, I won't see any automatic updates. It's likely different if you're using iOs. I'm currently using 3 versions of the app (old one on a tablet, new one on phone, and Windows 10 one on PC) and all sync the One perfectly fine. Cheers!

Best Answer

Hi, Williger,

Sorry for the misnomer. I went on the website for JoesCE but other than the Smart Watches, it doesn’t look like they do any FB repairs. You would think FB would share the names of persons who buy old Fitbits to refurbish, especially with those of us devoted enough to own several other models. Perhaps Google will be more customer-focused but, somehow, I doubt it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, again, DH23.  My One did the same thing before finally giving out.  First, it would not turn on. I thought maybe moisture had gotten to it so I put it in rice for a week to dry it and it came back on. That lasted a little while, then, all of a sudden, I would feel it vibrate and it had gone into a timed cycle on its own. It was hard to get it out of the cycle because the button would not function. It did that for a couple of weeks and then did not turn on at all and the app could not find it. I think it was just the battery progressively failing and then completely dying.  I hope you have better luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @txwalker, Yes, I've not seen the One mentioned on Joes CE specifically, though as users have had success getting Surge and others repaired by them it's worth sending a message, they may be familiar with it. Doubtful Fitbit would endorse any third-party repair shops as it's not in their financial interest to have users repair out-of-warranty products vs. purchasing new ones. I'm grateful that Fitbit doesn't have forced obsolescence and lets us continue using their service with old trackers, especially as all mine are all currently discontinued (Zip, One and Surge). Wishing you luck finding repair options online, if you do, please share with the community as others could use this too. Cheers!

PS. Meow 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason, my One began syncing again the next day. Who knows? 
I have another that quit working after I ran it through the washer. It's been in a bowl of rice for a couple of months now and I keep hoping that it will somehow rejuvenate. The one I'm using now I found on eBay - actually bought 2 but only 1 works.  So you might try that - I figure the battery on this one will eventually give out but I'm hoping that at some point FitBit will bring back the One for us die-hards. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit doesn’t switch on besides without being on charge

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it's only lighting up in the charger, you're having a problem with the
battery. It needs to be replaced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

how does one need to do to change the battery 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no way to change the battery without cutting into the device. I have been unable to find anyone who still does it as it is rather time-consuming. I’m afraid Fitbit makes the devices with built in obsolescence so customers are forced to replace them rather than repair them. What a shame! I was very attached to my Fitbit One, which was a gift from a friend who died.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It won’t turn on even when on the charger. After 5 1/2 yrs, I finally had to retire it. So sad!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This Fitbit was bought 4 months ago. How can I replace it. Do I need to buy a new one or it’s still on warrant?

Best Answer
0 Votes
What model is it? If it is a recent model and you bought it new, it should still be under warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@txwalker took me less than 5 minutes to open my One tracker and replace the battery. There are links above in this thread to another one in this forum with step-by-step installation instructions. Mine was dead for over a year before replacing the battery and works wonderfully now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Masibulelem if you purchased it from Fitbit, contact their support and they'll arrange an expeditious warranty replacement. If you bought old stock from a 3rd party, you're probably out of luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes