Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Display Not Working Properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit One that stopped displaying anything unless it was in the charger and then it only displays the Fitbit One 6.64 and the battery meter. I figured it was 3 years old and maybe broken. I did go through all of the reset procedures on the website. Ordered a replacement from eBay. Display worked fine (no data of course). I removed the old one and added the replacement. Got the 4 digit code on the replacement entered it. Dashboard found it and synced. Message came up that it needed an update. Updated it and it is now doing exactly the same thing as the one I thought was broken. It still sync's sometimes. Called customer service and did the reset dance. I was informed that eBay was not a trusted seller and they did everything they can for diagnostics. I asked how 2 of them could have the exact same problem..... no answer. I think it is something in the update. The only alternatives are the Charge 3, Iconic or the versa have not worn a watch in 35 years...

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Format

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

You need to get with the seller on eBay to exchange it or get your money back

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@johndonh Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One. Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out and for contacting customer support regarding this.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox. 

Also, you should follow @WendyB's advice and contact the seller to check what options you have there to get back on track.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

What no one seems to address is that is was working before the update!!!!! I checked it prior to doing anything. All of the displays showed (no data of course) Steps, Floors, miles, calories and that flower thing. Is there a way to load the level of code prior to 6.64. I also have 2 one's doing exactly the same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@johndonh Thanks for your reply and for providing your feedback and thoughts regarding this topic. It should be working after the update. This is something that doesn't happen to all One devices.

However, we have a customer support team that is great to find out what exactly is your device experiencing and why is it happening. I sent you some important information via PM about this.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I read through the forums I see a lot of people have problems with their One devices after the 6.64 update. Is there any way to go back to the 6.60 code? Seems odd that it is discontinued and now the code is a problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

@johndonh Thanks for your reply regarding this topic.

Currently, there isn't an option to go back to the previous firmware version. Did you got the inbox I sent you some days ago? 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’m experiencing this exact problem after not using my One for a long time. Has a solution been found?

Best Answer
0 Votes