Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Syncing

Is anyone else still having issues with the fitbit one no longer syncing to the app, after the recent update? 

I have spoken to various members of the support team who have told me the only option I have is to buy a more up to date device. How can this be right when my One works perfectly fine but the new app won't allow me to connect.  

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Have you tried resetting your One?

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10 to12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.
Best Answer

Thanks for the reply, yes I have tried that. 

I must have spent over an hour of online chat with Fitbit support going through many different ways and still nothing. The device was fine until the last app update, after this it will not snyc. I was advised to disconnect it from the app and reinstall it, did this and now the device will not pair. It sends a pairing code and then the app just takes forever before timing out and says try again. 

According to support there's nothing they will do, it's now down to me to buy a newer device. 

Best Answer

I’ve been having the same problem since Friday, when my One synced just fine. Tonight I added exercise time to today and with that all numbers for the past three days showed up!!  So data is being stored but the display is not updated until you “force” data. I had also noticed that calories synced just fine all weekend, it was just everything else that did not!  Hope this works for you and helps Fitbit to find the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. 

Sadly the biggest problem I'm having now is been able to pair my device to the app. I was advised by Fitbit support to disconnect it and re pair it as this should then restart the syncing. However the app sends the pairing code and then stops and after about 10 mins says try again. 

Looks like I'm going to need to look for another alternative to log my steps etc. It's just very hard to swallow that I have to but a new device despite the fact it works fine apart from the app wont let it connect.   

Best Answer

This worked for me this morning!  Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, because I don't want any other device. If I wanted a watch, I'd get a new Timex. LOL I love the little One, it is just what I want. 

Best Answer
I couldn’t agree more!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I love my one and don't want to loose it but I fear it is coming to the end of it's life!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stopped synching as well in late December.  I deleted my One and reinstalled and it worked! thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

LittleCs:  The users of One are at odds with Google over this device which to their shame works better than any others.  Their intent (I can only surmise by the ongoing issues I am having with my One) is to stop people from using it.  Why?  Because it does what the initial designers built into it.  It counts steps superior to *any* other fitbit tracker and... they don't like that.  Over the last 48 hours (from this writing), I noticed that my fitbit one's battery was near zero after only charging it to 100% a couple of days earlier.  Then it wouldn't it wouldn't sync.  I rebooted my phone, restarted my fitbit One, and finally it connected.  This morning (02/02/2024), it appeared to me that the fitbit app had disconnected it completely.  It wouldn't sync at all.  Tried restarting my phone, rebooted my One, Uninstalled-Reinstalled the app, turned the blue tooth on / off.  NOTHING. My one was showing all the stats from my morning walk, but I couldn't 'read it' into the app for storage. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling my One.  Now, upon attempting to reinstall it, the app couldn't 'find' my One tracker at all. So I couldn't sync it, and I couldn't reinstall it.  And I don't recommend to anyone that they uninstall their One unless it that or throw it away.  They may find they are unable to reconnect it.  😣

I did a search for this issue and ran across a post from 2017 where someone found how to fix this issue.  I can't say for proof positive this will work in all cases, but as a LONG time user of the One and for other users who may be experiencing this issue, I sincerely hope this helps, because it did resolve my issue this morning:

First: Log out of the FB App --> Turn Blue Tooth Off --> Restart your Phone

Next plug the One into the charging cable and press-hold the button a full 15 seconds.  NOT 10 to 12 seconds, but 15.  Pull the fitbit One free of the Cable.  When you do this, it should NOT light up.  If does repeat the above process until it goes dark.

Now Restart your Blue Tooth --> Open the FB App --> Go to your Device Page and now Click and hold the button a couple of seconds until you see the 'Fitbit Version 6.64' light up the display. --> Attempt the Sync.  Hopefully, it connects and starts syncing again.

For those that have Uninstalled the One and would like to try and get it back operational --> Do the Above Steps, but leave your One completely turned off.

(Blue Tooth should be on) --> Open the FB App --> Go to your Device Page--> Devices --> add a Device --> Scroll the very bottom and you'll find fitbit One.

Have your fitbit in your hand and ready to start it!

Start the Install process in the App to Add it:  --> As soon as you see the 'Searching' spinner at the bottom, Click and hold it a couple of seconds until you see the 'Fitbit Version 6.64' light up the display. --> Now wait a few seconds.... if it says try again, click the button and wait.  On my second try at it, I finally got the connected message asking me to enter the 4 digit Code displayed on my One.  Enter the code and follow through with the rest of the instructions.

I do wish everyone that owns a One the best of luck.  You picked the right device with fitbit, but unfortunately the wrong company.  It's not our fault, the powers that be are ignorant of what makes customers happy, and, they have been forcing us to buy their wrist trackers for over a decade now.  I've already made up my mind that if fitbit EVER bricks my One, I. am. gone. from fitbit land.  I currently own a Charge 6 and although, it seems to operate fairly proficiently, it still cannot accurately count steps, nor has ANY of their wrist trackers, ever.

This post has ran long, but quite frankly I'm tired and angry at the deprecation they've done to the One Tracker.  It's a shame that their oldest technology is their best technology with this core tracker and they would prefer to ignore our pleas and requests to bring it back to it's original design.  So be it.

Best Answer

Thank You! It worked for my 10 year old ONE!

Best Answer

Oh, thank you. My One is syncing with the blasted app again!

Best Answer

Great!  I'm glad it worked for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome!  It's always a mystery as to why it stops working...but great to get it back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They weren't making as much money selling the little One as they do with the fancy watches - that is why they dropped it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Argh

They don't have a device like the One.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This got my 8yo One to sync! Bless you, Pegasuss! BTW, my One has gone through the washer at least 2x (not the dryer, though) and still works perfectly. It’s the Timex of fitness trackers—and that’s the highest compliment. (My son is currently living in southern Arizona; guess what kind of heat-resistant watch he bought?) Long live Fitbit One!  

Best Answer

Mine was syncing until afternoon of 3/27/24 and then stopped. I have tried all of the usual thing to get it to work including reinstalling it but the software app is not able to find it. It just keeps searching and wearing the battery down. My understanding from FitBit is that the One was going to be supported for another year (at least) but I do not think it is supported with the most recent update. Very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for the instructions in your note. I finally got my iPhone 13 Pro to pair with my One but it will not do the update properly -- it starts and then stops. This would be a firmware update to 6.64 (at least I saw that for the few seconds it tried to install the update).  I agree with you about what customers want. I tried to get FitBit to keep the One a long time ago. It's really all I need. But, no dice. I ended up buying an Inspire 3 (because I can wear it like my One) and that seems to work but it does not have an altimeter as far as I am aware and the print on the face of the device is hard to read. I use an Apple watch so I had no desire to spend $300+ for a FitBit watch when all I need is the one. At least the Inspire 3 was not prohibitively expensive and mostly I use it as a back up. The one was the BEST technology for the purpose and I so wish they could understand their user base better. Unfortunately, they cannot.

Best Answer