Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Turning On

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am just reporting that my Fitbit One has died, shortly after the 6.64 upgrade.

I purchased this Fitbit One circa Oct 2014. Ie it has lived slightly more than 3 years, approximately 38 months.

i used it for a while in 2014, gave up on it for a while because I preferred my Jawbone UP, thrn started using the Fitbit One in combination with wristbands, first a Fitbit Charge, then the Blaze watch. I use a treadmill desk: the wristbands do not count steps while I am walking and typing, but tge Fitbit One attached to my shoe did. I used it happily like this for circa 6 months.

About a month ago the Fitbit One started getting flakey. I eventually realized that although the display turned on the device was not counting steps. 

Repeated restarts fail to fix. Ditto cleaning contacts.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

3 years really is a long time. They do not last forever.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Indeed. Fitbits are not made to last. I'm on my second One, while the Misfit Flash I bought before my first One is still going strong five years later. And it probably will still be working long after my second One has died.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

Like you, I have an older ONE that just died today after a brief (several months) illness. Smiley Sad  (It celebrated its 4th birthday last month. Smiley Happy )   Feeling lost without it after months of frustration with it...and with Fitbit Supports lack of support. Smiley Mad  *sigh*

Curious...

What did you replace (or what are you replacing) it with?  Cannot decide between the Flex 2, Charge 2 or Alta HR.

Best Answer

it sures sounds more like a eulogy than an endorsement… "Fitbit's don't last forever"... it's pretty sad if that's the best that can be said for them... funny thing is that the One is preferred to wristbanded devices and the Zip is soooo underfeatured... guess we'll have to check out the competition... goodbye fitbit 😞

Best Answer

@davisma7 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your feedback regarding the Fitbit One.

I'd recommend checking this thread about One Availability and Alternatives.

Hope this helps. See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer