Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Got Wet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started using my Fitbit One in January of 2014 and I love it. I wear it obsessively and I feel like my whole day is off if I forget to wear it. Unfortunately, while I was on my honeymoon last week, it got wet at the beach and it no longer turns on. I went online to replace it and I was horrified to discover it is no longer in production. The zip is not a suitable replacement and I don't intend to wear a wrist tracker. I called customer service and I was informed that there are no plans to bring back the One and no options to repair/ replace the one I have. Without a suitable replacement option, I will no longer be using the Fitbit app or other Fitbit products. I hope Fitbit reconsiders.  

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Check out this link:

One Availability and Alternatives

By the way, you should put that in the Feature Suggestions, which you can access by clicking on the URL.

You won't be doing anyone a favour by creating another thread relating to the One's availability.

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, not sure if you are still out here. But, if you are, check out eBay or other websites that sales things. I found on on Poshmark and I'm so thankful that I did because my original one is no longer working. 

@j_dans wrote:

I started using my Fitbit One in January of 2014 and I love it. I wear it obsessively and I feel like my whole day is off if I forget to wear it. Unfortunately, while I was on my honeymoon last week, it got wet at the beach and it no longer turns on. I went online to replace it and I was horrified to discover it is no longer in production. The zip is not a suitable replacement and I don't intend to wear a wrist tracker. I called customer service and I was informed that there are no plans to bring back the One and no options to repair/ replace the one I have. Without a suitable replacement option, I will no longer be using the Fitbit app or other Fitbit products. I hope Fitbit reconsiders.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a One for several years as well and recently bought a Fitbit for my husband. That's when I realized the One was no longer available and I was worried about what to do when it finally goes because I very much dislike wrist trackers. (I wear an actual watch daily and am not giving that up for one more thing I have to remember to charge.)

I like Fitbit's online system and now I can compete with my husband which helps my motivation.

To the point...if Fitbit refuses to produce a basic tracker that's not a small computer worn on your wrist, at least some innovative people came up with clip on attachments! Go to amazon and look up Fitbit Alta accessories. There are a bunch of clip-on holders for the Alta and many reviewers said that they get more accurate step counts as a clip than on the wrist. (Never have understood how a pedometer on your wrist actually works anyway.) Since I have the One, I can't speak to the Alta, but based on descriptions, it looks like it works similar to the One without all the other fancy bells and whistles that half the population just doesn't really want anyway.

Good luck.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello and thanks for your response. I found this one...
that seems to be very similar to the "One"
[image: image.png]
I thought that I would get this one if I could not find another "One" but
thankfully I did. This one is called the Fitbit Zip. I'm not sure if it
does all that the "One" does. I was out in cyberspace earlier looking to
see if there were any "Ones" out there and the one that I found was on
Amazon for $279.00!!!! I only paid $90 for the one that I now have. Whew
that's a bit much.

I called Fitbit sometime ago and they told me they were no longer going to
produce the "One" so I went on a hunt.

Well it sounds like we are both satisfied with what we have. You take care
and keep on walking..... 🚶

--

*Barbara JewellCelebrate Jesus Ministries, Director*
Best Answer
0 Votes

@j_dans Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One. It's unfortunate to read it got wet. Thanks for contacting customer support. 

By any chance, have you tried putting it inside a bowl of rice for 48 hours? This should take off all the moisture from it and there are several users that have recovered their Fitbit devices by doing that. Check more details here.

Also, please take a look at this thread for some One alternatives.

@kk15405 @BJewellB @Marvin1 Thanks for sharing your help and experience on this thread.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes