Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One - no display (firmware 6.64)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit One - no display (firmware 6.64)

My Fitbit One Firmware 6.64 will not turn on at all. When I connect it to the charger, it will say firmware 6.64 and show a full battery level, but every time I take if off the charger it will not even turn on at all.  I have tried the reset process but it will never turn on. 

Please help.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

If you're seeing the firmware and a full battery indicator when pushing the button only while charging, it means the internal battery is dead. If it's under warranty, you can get a replacement from Fitbit, if it's not, they're usually generous with a discount off a new tracker. 

I had this happening for over a year, then bought a battery from eBay. This evening I popped it in, and it's back rocking like a champ! I missed my one 🙂 Good luck!

Best Answer

Hello! 

I bought a used fitbit that is displaying the exact same issue that the original poster mentioned.

So you got a replacement battery off of ebay and put it in the one and that solved the problem? How easy was this replacement? Was any soldering required? Do you have any tips?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AdamTQ Hello Adam, I assume your message was meant for me???

Please use the @ reply feature so I may see your messages sooner 🙂 YES, absolutely I got a replacement battery. It was only $12 with shipping. There are two replacement versions of the One battery, the one I got was slightly larger, requiring removing existing battery clips (it actually fits the case better than the original). The smaller one would sit similarly to the original. I've even heard that Charge and other batteries work, though I bought the one labeled One. Installation was super easy using a heat gun to warm the case, then it just opened up (and the glue was reusable). Soldering was super basic, I've never repaired with solder before, so bought a cheap soldering iron ($8), touched the existing wires removed them, touched solder again for about a second, while inserting the new wires, and BAM, I had an upgraded Fitbit One, which holds nearly 3 weeks of battery at a time! 😄 Cheers!

fitbit-one-battery.jpgFitbit Battery Replacement.JPGFitbit-Dissection2.JPG

Best Answer

@Williger Thanks a ton. I will try this out. 

Best Answer

@Williger Thanks! I read your detailed comments on another thread. You didn't use your One for over a year, replaced the battery and it worked. That's cool! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shelly_D @AdamTQ YW 😄 Glad to learn there are other One fans DIY upgrading their units!! If I knew at the time this was something others were looking to do, I would've video-recorded the process. Yes, Shelly, it was fantastic to recover my "desk jewelry". My One sat on my desk for over a year, with me occasionally charging it with hopeful optimism, until seeing a post in this group from another user who'd upgraded their battery (that post has since been removed). Their method was connecting the new batteries wires to the existing ones and seemed harder and less reliable to me, so I just warmed the existing solder (there's plenty) and quickly replaced it. Feel free to ask any questions you guys run into, I might not have the answer but if I do I'm glad to share. One *tip* (you might already know), when I purchased my soldering iron, it had a temperature setting, I'd assumed lower temperature would be best, and fortunately Googled and learned HOT is best, as it requires less time potentially heating up circuits. Most importantly: IF you get the "larger" One battery replacement like I did, you'll have to remove the metal battery clips on the board. I was able to remove them easily with my fingers. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this suggestion. I took a new One out of the sealed box and updated to 6.64. Dead off charger. 

I'd like to try your technique. I don't have a heat gun but do have my wife's 1500 watt hair dryer. Would thst be enough to loosen the glue in the case? Appreciate the photos and special tips. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BruceMc Hi Bruce, you're welcome. BTW if you "tag" my name as I did yours just now, I'll see your replies sooner. Yes, the hairdryer would work fine. You don't want to overheat it anyway as it would damage the circuitry. I'd held mine in my hand with my heat gun on low maybe 15-20 seconds around the sides then pried it open with a pocket swiss-Army style knife. It was surprisingly easy once it was warm and the installation and reassembly only a few minutes. The detailed guide from @PureEvil elsewhere in this forum should prove useful. They'd used a different technique than mine including a grip device to let their glue hold. I'd instead just used the existing glue which was still warm and tacky. Either would be fine, theirs obviously is going to be better secured outside the case. Mine, I keep constantly in the rubber case but it doesn't open up or anything when I take it out to charge. It is however easily openable should I try. My reasoning was if I needed to change it again in the future it'd be easier to access. Good luck and I hope you get back up and rocking the One soon! Cheers, Darren

Best Answer
0 Votes
@BruceMc  Hi Darren,
Thanks very much for the tips. I will order the battery kit and see how I do. Will also check the other tips you suggested. It was covered under warranty but they no longer have any One models to provide, and I do like the pocket feature. The last time I soldered my near vision was a bit better but that's what bifocals are for. 
Best Answer
0 Votes