Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One no longer working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Went ahead and tried to troubleshoot my Fitbit One because fitbit can not keep up with iOS technologies and find it funny that my Fitbit One no longer functions. And 5 different friends of mine no longer work anymore either. All within a 5 day period. What does Fitbit have a kill switch becuse they want people to buy new ones?  Maybe if you had the product people wanted they would actually replace them

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

No they do not have a Kill Switch

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pamaroo Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting this on the One Board. It's unfortunate to hear that it is no longer working.

Could you please provide more details regarding the situation you and your friends are experiencing with the One?

If you happen to have syncing issues, please try these syncing troubleshooting steps in order to resolve this. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too also belive that fitbit may have a kill switch because i have 2 defective units and after reporting to customer service, now my units would not turn on anymore.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the experience you have had with Fitbit. Thanks for reporting to customer support.

There is no such thing as a "kill switch"! If your tracker is not turning on, please try performing a restart on it.

Also, what solution did customer support provided for you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One was messing up and I’ve had it a long time. Swam in it twice and still works. I googled how to reset One without losing data and it worked. (This time anyway). So don’t give up on it yet. Wish I could remember how I did it, but it shouldn’t be to hard to find. Oh I did say on iPhone when I searched. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm very glad to hear that your One worked after you Googled a fix. 

It is an easy process! You can find how to restart a Fitbit One here

Also, if it gets wet or washed, please try this workaround here to fix it!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kill switch - LOL! If they have a kill switch, then they also have trained assassins. Over 6 1/2  years I've had to reset my One twice, revived it after it's been through the washing machine 3 times, but last week was  the end - got home from work on Friday before a week's vacation to find I no longer had my Fitbit. Emailed colleagues and no one had seen it. School started again today, and a colleague found it in the parking lot, where it had been run over by a vehicle. Although it was badly scratched, I was still hopeful that even after being run over and spending 9 days outside in the rain, snow, and sun, it might charge up again. No such luck. RIP Fitbit One 😞  I want a new Fitbit, but the only model I really want to buy is a One. I don't understand why they have abandoned it.

Best Answer

@Almost.American It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with Fitbit One. It's unfortunate to read that it didn't work properly again after having it for such a long time. 

Did you by any chance contacted customer support after experiencing this? You can always check this thread about One Availability and Alternatives to check other users opinions. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love my One...bought my daughter the Charger and it is not as accurate as she wore both the One and the Charger and it was way off....maybe using her arm for her phone but do you really have to swing your arm as compared to move your hips for the One

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CoralieK Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for buying a Fitbit for your daughter, that is so nice. Also, thanks for your question regarding its accuracy.

Wrist base tracker will sense your arm movement and will track steps. This may influence in the amount of steps tracked. Also, do your daughter have both tracker set up to her account?

If the One is set up on your account and your daughter was using it; this may also influence in the amount of steps tracked. The reason is because here personal settings are not the same as yours as well as her stride length. 

Best Answer
0 Votes