Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One not counting all steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've had my Fitbit One a few years now, but this week it has started miscounting steps. At first I just thought I was an even lazier slug than usual, but I tested it this morning and it registered 27 steps when it should have registered over 50. It's missing 50% or more of my steps. What's going on?
Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

My One counted just fine for me until this week.  This is my second FitBit One.  I am not a newbie.  I regularly walk 12000 steps daily as a health insurance requirement.  Yesterday I walked until my legs were cramped so bad I can barely mover today and ended up with 9000 steps.  I understand how it is supposed to work.  I just want to know if the fitbit gets to a point where a new one is needed.

Best Answer

That is what I’ve decided. I’m on my third in 4 years (the first one was stolen!) but the replacement gave out this last fall. It was just not dependable any longer. My son jumped on an easy Christmas gift idea 🤗. It is so motivational, it’s worth the price. I’m not interested in the bracelets, I Hope they keep offering the one.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit One which has stopped recording all my steps.  Example:  Sunday 27 May 2018 I logged over 15,500 steps, my actual Fitbit One has recorded only 12,538 and the "Weekly Progress Report" registers that day as a ZERO step day.  I have logged out, logged in, reloaded the app, done just about everything on this forum and it still malfunctions.  Admittedly my Fitbit is now 3 or so years old but I can no longer rely on it to record my steps and no longer trust it with a genuine record of my activity.  I am extremely unhappy with this and will now find an alternative platform that actually works.

Best Answer

I have an inspire HR and have worn it for five days.  For the last two days my steps show as 18 and 0 respectively.

why aren’t my steps being tracked?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even when wearing it in the silicone case, be careful about facing the fitbit one screen against your skin.  I was wearing it that way and it created a welt/blistered and looked as though it had burned my skin.

Lynn

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What kind of wrist band do you use?  I am looking for one and am curious what others are using?

Lynn 

Best Answer
0 Votes

incorrect steps being recorded! I saw where others are having the same problem as am I which is that I was at over 7000 steps and then the next time I looked at my FitBit it only had 414 recorded! This has happened a couple times now and I'm tired of it so I went on line and saw the suggestion to put the usb in the computer... then the Fit Bit being sure the gold dots align... press the button for 12 secs. and then release. The first time when I released it then it popped up with 417 steps.... I took more steps than 3 to get the charging cord..... so I did it again only this time I used a plug end that'd fit in to the slot on the charging holder to be sure the button was pushed in past the hole in the holder and it was. This time it showed the battery charged... gave a prompt of "no notifications" and the same step count. This is very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have done this remedy daily for several days  with a hope that a patch from you will fix it. But sadly steps and floors  are still not being accurately counted this all since the recent download. At the moment for me this is particularly taxing as i wanted to track my rehabilitation after a knee replacement two weeks ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What was posted and I tried too didn't work for me either and my FitBit has not been dropped or even dampened in any way so I don't know what's going on with it either. It was a gift from our daughter just two month ago too so not like it's had a lot of wear either. I hope she still has the receipt for it because I plan on returning it if at all possible. Sorry for you too! Good luck with your recovery.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, let’s customer services can sort it out

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am do frustrated. I have been trying all day to get my tracker to work. At 1st my problem was that it was not tracking my sleep. When I tried to reboot it would not reboot.  I tried plugging in and holding for 15 sec. But it kept going back. The only thing working is the clock. Somehow my ohone app is showing 1100 steps but not on the fitbit. 

The fitbit app is absolutely useless with resolving any problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me...for a few days. Then, my Fitbit One showed no steps again today. I repeated the process and suddenly there were my steps.

Troy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Charge 2 or 3 HR has been having this problem also.  The first time was a couple months ago.  I reset it, and the problem was solved.  Today I went past 10000 steps, early, and later when I went to look at it, I was back at 7000 something!  

I attached it to the computer, pressed the button until the fitbit icon appeared, took it off, and not change in the step count. When I held the button down after removing it, it merely turned off my notifications, then when I released it it went back to the home screen with my steps, now a 11000, but I should be near 16 or 17000.  Frustrating to say the least.

Suggestions?

Thanks 

Carolyn

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I could help you as that would mean I have mine working as well. After several attempts I've quite frankly just given up. I truly think it's garbage... mine is anyway,,,,, and I've lost all confidence in it's accuracy for obvious reasons. Although I thought it was fun to try to meet my goals it's too frustrating to deal with it so I don't even use it any longer.... just keep doing what I can! I hope you will find a solid solution for yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It just happened again.  I was at 8448 steps.  I went to my phone to take a screenshot and when I synced it, it went to 3416 steps.  I plugged it into my computer, pressed the button down until the fitbit icon came up, and it's still at 3416 steps.  Help,is it dying or is there a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Carolyn,

That’s something I’ve had happen and I called their IT support. They will
help you get it corrected in stages and if it isn’t something that works
after a few times, they will replace it - depending on how long you’ve had
it. They’re really good. I’d call. There are three steps to ensuring it
corrects itself. Frustrating but I was happy with the outcome.

J
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I replied to your last post - did you not get it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Call Fitbit.  They’ll fix or replace.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi the so,unión I found was to bin it and buy a new one.!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks but it was initially a gift from my daughter and she no longer had the receipt so I don't think that'll work now.
Best Answer
0 Votes