Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One not tracking data correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love using my fitbit one but lately it has been doing some odd recordings.

Telling me I have walked 70 sets of stairs, or $15,000 one day and then 601 steps the next.

Also I have noticed its ability to hold battery power has reduced to about 3 days now.  

Can you help

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Helenhewitt Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is not a normal behavior from a Fitbit One. By any chance have you performed a restart on your One? You can do this a couple of times, it should help you out.

Also, it could be that because its recording odd data; that may be reducing its battery power as well. Check these tips to increase its battery power:

• If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. To find the setting, open the app and tap or click the Account icon  at the top of the screen tap or click One to see your settings, then scroll down. 
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold.

If you get an increased amount of stairs recorded; there are some things that may be causing it like for example a change in the weather. As it has an altimeter; this sensor will count stairs based on atmospheric pressure changes, so if there is odd weather, that may be it. Also, things like a gust of wind or the AC may also record some extra floors climbed. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes