Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One not working when off charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my fitbit for roughly 3 years with no faults whatsoever. It was charging well and held a charge for around 7 days but then all of a sudden, it decided that it didn't want to work at all when it is off the charger. When it is on the charger showing that it has a full battery but will not work at all when it's off the charger. I have tried all the steps given by the fitbit customer services (ie. cleaned the charger points (which are fine as it is definately charging), tried to restart it (which I have done as it shows the fitbit 6.60 thing but no avail) and used different charging devices) but they have said that they cannot do anything further for me because it's out of warranty.  

Anyway, it turns on when it is on the charger on the computer and despite having deleted the device from my list, the computer was again able to find it and reattach it to my account- but only when it is attached to the charger. When it is attached to the charger, I can press the button and it shows fitbit 6.60 and then shows a full battery charge and then every time I press the button afterwards, it shows the full battery. I have even set an alarm for it and this will go off so it is still able to sync- but the alarm will only go off if it is attached to the charger. I can only assume that the battery has given up the ghost but find this quite difficult to accept when prior to this happening, it was holding charge perfectly well for a long period of time. Does anyone have any helpful advice for me please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @njp2506 it is a pleasure to have you in the Fitbit community with us. 

I'm sorry to hear you have issues with your Fitbit One.  Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps you mentioned in your post. 

In this scenario I would recommend to keep in touch with our support team to see if they can further assist you even if you are out of warranty. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Carlos M | Modérateur, Fitbit

Fatigué? Astuces pour mieux dormir!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

The support team informed me that there was nothing further that they could do- that was why I have turned to the support community in an effort to find a solution to this. This was the statement that I recieved:

'Moving forward with your question, once we reviewed the tracker is out of warranty, we are not able to offer any more option but the 25% discount, so you can purchase a different tracker of your choice.'

I responded stating that I wasn't looking for a replacement, only a potential solution to the problem. I was then told:

'We need to confirm your country of residence, since the 25% discount is available for United States and Canada only'

which being a UK resident was not of use to me and a bit of a kick in the teeth considering I had been offerred something only for it then to be taken away again and all I really want is for my fitbit to work!

So, what I was hoping for was for someone on the community forum to recognise this problem and see whether there was a solution to this problem?

Regards

Nicky

@CarlosFitbit wrote:

I'm sorry to hear you have issues with your Fitbit One.  Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps you mentioned in your post. 

In this scenario I would recommend to keep in touch with our support team to see if they can further assist you even if you are out of warranty. 

Let me know how it goes. 

@CarlosFitbit wrote:

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are the chances you discovered a solution to this problem as I have the exact same problem!! I don't want to give up on it but am stumped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't I'm afraid. It was just broken I guess!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes