Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One now not tracking activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I logged in a 45 minute spinning class for exercise but the activity minutes do not show up. Last week my steps weren’t tracking and my iPhone couldn’t connect with my Fitbit. What’s with all these tracking and syncing problems with One? I’m getting kind of sick of this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @ElbowT, if you create a manual log, you will not get active minutes unless you log a calorie burn of at least 3 times your BMR calorie burn (calories your body burns staying alive).

If you do not know your BMR, then you can google a BMR calculator and that should work, as Fitbit uses a very standard calculation.  So, for example, if you discover your BMR calorie burn is 1800, then that means you burn 75 calories per hour (75 calories X 24 hours = 1800).

If you log an hour activity you must log 3 times that burn to get active minutes for that hour, so that would be 225 calories you would need to log for an hour of activity in order to get credit for active minutes.

In this case, it was 45 minutes (3/4 of an hour) so in that case you would multiply 225 (in this example, if your BMR was 1800) by .75 to get the minimum number of calories to be logged.  That would be 168.75 (so, say, 170 calories) for that activity in order to get active minutes.

Of course, you have to do this calculation based on your own BMR, not my example of 1800...

I hope this makes sense!

As for your syncing issues, sounds like you have solved these for now.  Usually if you are having trouble syncing (this can happen with any of the Fitbits) it usually helps to give your Fitbit a restart and then immediately try to force a sync.  I find that usually works with the One, but if that doesn't help, then logging out of your app completely and then logging back in again usually does the trick.

I hope all this makes sense!  Let us know how it goes.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes