Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One replacement, March 2021

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What are people choosing?

There are a lot of older threads out there with posts from people saying they're using Fitbit Inspire or the Charge 4 in some third-party case to use in pocket or clipped to some part of their body.

There's obviously a lot of interest by loyal One users to getting a tracker which isn't worn on the wrist but has at least all the features of the One, in particular tracking of stairs climbed.

I think most of us prefer to stay with Fitbit but would be interested to know about non Fitbit options which have worked out well for One users.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

YES, Fit bit one works best for me!

Best Answer

I have used Fitbit for 12 years and at least 7 devices.  I have a Fitbit Inspire and like it but not as much as the One. I wonder how much this is an issue of Fitbit not listening to female advisers. I would not be surprised if women like the One more than men do. 

Best Answer
You may be right. Ladies are probably the one that really like the One. I just dread getting used to a new kind. I like my One so much! It seems very odd to me that so many are having trouble with their One at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've had the One for years - in fact, I'm on my 2nd One.  I like it because I don't always want to wear something on my wrist.  My current device has been working fine BUT the clip part [accessory] is wearing out.  I have looked at the various replacements and the Inspire 2 does have a clip accessory.  This week, my One quit syncing.  I've tried to trouble shoot and have had no luck.  The device itself is counting steps, etc., but it won't sync with the app, which means that it doesn't sync with my WW app.  I went ahead and ordered the Inspire2 with the clip accessory and that should be delivered tomorrow.  Kind of interesting to me when I found this community forum to learn that I am not alone with regard to the problem!

Best Answer

There are some reports that Fitbit has offered a discount if you contact them about your One no longer working normally.

So that may be an option worth pursuing but you'd have to purchase through Fitbit Store to use that discount so discontinued trackers wouldn't' be available for use with the discount.

Best Answer
Thanks. Appreciate the suggestion but I have already purchased it online thru Fitbit. Will wait & see how it works!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't I buy fitbit one anymore

Best Answer

You can buy the clip replacement, and wristbands, on Amazon. They aren’t made by Fitbit but work the same. The clip replacement comes in multiple colours and is exactly the same as the Fitbit counterpart. The wristbands also come in a couple of colours and are silicone so much sturdier than the original wristband.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wristbands for the One or for another tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can get bands for pretty much all of the trackers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the Charge 4 for a couple of weeks now.  Used the 40% discount that Fitibt offered me to replace my One.

Works okay and I have it in a clip holder that I got on Amazon.

Only wrinkle is that I'm not sure my data are getting transferred correctly to Apple Health using PowerSync app.

Best Answer
I finally purchased the Fitbit Inspire 2 - mainly because that was the only option that had a clip as an accessory! I have not yet used the clip, instead have used the wrist band. I am slowly getting used to it. There are still some icons on the device that I have no idea what it means!? But it tells me my steps which was my main concern AND it does communicate with my Weight Watchers [WW] app which was another concern.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're wearing it on your wrist it's not counting steps.  It's counting something your wrist or arm does and reporting it on the device and in the app as steps. Check this board to see all the commentary about the ridiculous numbers of steps the wrist trackers show.

Best Answer

I got a Versa 2 about a year ago.  I had saved up for a year to buy it, and I was so excited!  Now I wish I hadn't spent the money.  Most of the things it does that the One does not do are frankly annoying.  The bands are nearly impossible to switch, so you're stuck with whatever color band you bought.  I love fashion watches and I have a LOT of them, which I can't use when I have the Versa 2 on.

The worst thing is that it doesn't accurately count floors climbed, which is very important to me.

I have found that I continue to wear my One during the day (clipped to my bra) and only use the Versa 2 at night.  The Versa 2 is better at tracking sleep.

I don't know what I will do when my One eventually quits working.  I want a tracker that I don't have to wear on my wrist.

Maybe that's what's wrong with my Versa 2. I have a 3 story house, and it rarely records any floors even when I know I've gone up and down multiple times.  I've never had that problem with my One clipped to my bra.  It records every floor.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi mine is the same my fitbit wont sync but counting steps i wouldnt be surprised if its delibrate to make us by new fitbit, also you can buy one clips on Amazon arounf £3.00 which is pretty good as they have a few different colours,

hi i done that they offered me discount but the fact is they dont do the fitbit one now i going to change to a different device altogether away from rip off fitbit, there attitude sucks Dan

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is long but might help someone...

I was extremely upset when my Fitbit One started dying on me, as I'd had it for 6.5 years and it was part of my life.  I would always tap my pocket to check it was in there, and always go back to fetch it if I'd somehow forgotten to put it in when I'd changed my clothes. 

One day it suddenly switched off and stopped tracking during a class at the gym.  I was so shocked!  I researched about replacement batteries etc and was determined to go down that route.  I live in Japan so it's harder to source them and nobody here seems to offer the repair service. It came back to life for a few days, but then went again and I had no option but to replace it.

I don't want a smartwatch as I already have a very nice GShock that I take off when I get home. I don't wear any jewelry at all and don't like things getting in the way.  I reluctantly bought a Charge 4, and tried wearing it to bed that night. It was the first time in 6.5 years I left my One on the table and I felt very weird about it...

I felt even weirder when I woke up and found the Charge 4 had not only not bothered me, it had tracked my sleep better than I could have imagined.  I ended up going out with it and leaving my One at home!

I've now had my Charge 4 for a few weeks and I absolutely love it!  I like the fact it tracks my heartrate and I can now see that my 'interval jogs' I do are actually very effective, rather than not, as I'd imagined.  I finally let the battery run down on my One and disconnected it from the app.  I felt like the biggest turncoat ever at the time.

I now wear a GShock on my 'right' hand (actually my left) and my Charge 4 on my 'wrong' had (the right one).  I don't care if it looks a bit strange!  I use my GShock as a watch and check the time on it as I always have.  My Charge 4 is purely a fitness tracker.  I've turned off notifications as I really don't want to bothered by messages from my phone.  It seems to work for me and I'm delighted by the change.  I never thought I would live to see the day that I would prefer anything to my One.

So, you never know... I'm hooked on the heartrate stats so haven't wanted to try it in my pocket after all and feel I've gained a lot more than I've lost.

Best Answer
Hi thank you for a great bit of info must admit your story is exactly the
same as mine.
I’m looking at the charge myself just the fitbit one is like a security
blanket your lost and in panic mode when you forget it or it dies.
You certainly given me some encouragement in changing Fitbit , must admit
I love wearing a watch so like you it’ll be on other wrist haha, if you
can add me to your Fitbit friend list either by my name Dan Smirnov or user
name take care and thank you 👍🏽
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get holders for Charge 4 and either clip it to something or put it in your pocket as you could with the One.

I've been using it that way for months and seems to be fine.

I also added an Apple AirTag on a keyring to the clip holder I bought from Amazon so if I ever lose the Charge, I can find it with my iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi that’s great so the charge 4 doesn’t have to have the watch straps on so
you can actually put in pocket that’s fab , many thanks
Dan
Best Answer
0 Votes