Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One replacement, March 2021

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What are people choosing?

There are a lot of older threads out there with posts from people saying they're using Fitbit Inspire or the Charge 4 in some third-party case to use in pocket or clipped to some part of their body.

There's obviously a lot of interest by loyal One users to getting a tracker which isn't worn on the wrist but has at least all the features of the One, in particular tracking of stairs climbed.

I think most of us prefer to stay with Fitbit but would be interested to know about non Fitbit options which have worked out well for One users.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

You can remove the straps.

You can put it in your pocket as is or just get a $10 holder on Amazon which has a clip.

I don't use the clip, just keep it in the holder (you have to remove it from the holder to recharge) and then put it in my pocket.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey I’m going to look on Amazon now for a S10 holder thank you much
appreciated . Dan
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am choosing not to replace my Fitbit at all, in spite of the fact that I loved everything about my Fitbit One,  my fitness routine and extensive tracking of nutrition consumed. (It has been really helpful to keep cholesterol, weight and diabetes under control without need for medication or drastic dieting.)  Now my Fitbit has stopped working, and to replace it, I must not only get a new model, but also get a new phone as well. I have had my iPhone since 2014, and have chosen not to replace it not  just because of the high price ($700) but also because of Apple's reliance on shamefully acquired cobalt. https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2016/06/drc-cobalt-child-labour/ Fitbit is engaging in practices of planned obsolescence, and has now got a tie in to Apple's planned obsolescence. Shame on them both! I am just counting calories and logging exercise by keeping track of distances swum or walked.  Fitbit tech requirements are causing them to lose my business. Bummer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm just about to buy the Inspire2 and buying the clip too. I miss my One. Sigh.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I just plucked courage up got a charge 3 and although I’m still checking
my pocket I quiet like it I like the way it monitors your heart rate and
sleep so all in all it’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be Dan
Best Answer
0 Votes

hyybid, I just purchased the Charge 4 and the clip from Amazon this week.  So far, so good... I don't use Apple Health now that I've got a Fitbit device that syncs with the Fitbit app so can't speak to that.  Hoping that it really is waterproof since that's been the cause of the demise of several of my One devices over the years.

There is a silicone clip available for the Charge 4 on Amazon, it's almost exactly like the One clip.  Fits snugly and it's almost (it'll never be the same) like having my One back.  Only had mine for a few days now but it appears to be recording my steps and stairs climbed accurately.  I agree, the heartrate monitor is more interesting to me than I thought it would be.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope it works well for you maryclaire.

I like the Charge 4 and clip combo but I don't go near the water so hopefully I never put the water resistance to the test.

I attached an Apple Tag to the Charge 4 and clip in case it got lost.  Makes for  kind of bulky common in my pants pocket but seems to work okay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I absolutely hate wearing a wristband.  I still have my One, and had purchased a Flex 2 for swimming, a couple of years ago.  I just actually WON an Inspire HR - it seems a little hard to deal with - you have to use the phone app to activate some things - it doesn't work thought the online portalsettings the same as the other devices.  Kind of a PITA for me.  I may wind up selling it.

Best Answer

@hyybid I'm wearing a Charge4 right now, while my One charges. I had no idea it could be worn on a clip, can you please share more details for me and the other members? Always neat to learn about options.

@Chess congrats, that's neat you won an Inspire HR! 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1628596786873.png

Yes, they're neat little trackers I think they're beautiful but I'm not a fan of them either. I'll buy them and try to love them and then sell them and go back to my One. I don't use any apps except "find my phone" 

JuanJoFitbit_1-1628596786875.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Search Amazon for Fitbit Charge 4 clip.

There are some third party ones for about $10.  Some may have posted a link here.

Remove the wrist bands and slide the Charge 4 into the clip.  I don't try to clip it to my waist band, just put it in my pants pocket.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To your point, I guess technically *any* Fitbit would log steps if placed in our pockets, though as they're not calibrated to do so, maybe less than accurate. I do see them on Amazon, none by Fitbit, just the 3rd party ones you mentioned. I see a 2-pack one for 12, maybe I'll take the dive to check it out and give one to a friend. I do have working ones and zips but this indeed looks pretty cool with the forward display so maybe neat to try out.

Best Answer
0 Votes