Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One shows a "6.60" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

Bought a Fitbit One about 4-5 years ago but never used it.

Being in lockdown, I decided to exercise to alleviate some of this boredom. I made a plan and just as I was about to exercise after charging the Fitbit all night, I turned my Fitbit on, it showed the number 6.60 and a battery signal and then the screen stayed black.

What's wrong with my device and is there any solution for this? Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @McPhersy  the 6.60 is the firmware version - the latest is 6.64 and your app should prompt you to update it - click to learn more. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Odyssey13. Thanks for the reply. 

I'm not sure how I would go about updating it - Do I need to connect the FitOne to my computer via the usb cable as I can't connect the USB cable to my phone? If so, I couldn't find an answer on where to go or what to do to update it from 6.60 to 6.64. Remember, my FitOne does not even want to turn on. The only time it turns on is when I put it in to charge and I hold the 'on' button as it is charging. It then turns up saying 6.60 followed by a picture of a battery two seconds later followed by the screen remaining black for the rest of the duration? Is this normal? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@McPhersy  honestly I'm not sure how to help you, but with your One having a dead battery for so long, it might not revive. Here is the user manual, which might be of some help. You can't update it on your own. You would update it via the app, once you've connected with it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue that @McPhersy described.  After 4-5 years, I opened the box and it only displayed 6.60 and the (full) battery symbol.  I got one step further.  The app on my phone was able to sync with the One for long enough to download and install firmware version 6.64.  The screen displayed a progress bar.  This firmware update occurred while the One was plugged into the charger.  Every since then, if I plug the One into the charger and long press the button, it says 6.64, followed by the (full) battery symbol.  Nothing else that I have done gets any response from the device.  I have tried a 12 second press for "restart".  Any idea what else to do after the firmware update is achieved?

Best Answer

@LW2021 what you're describing is what happens when the battery inside the Fitbit One no longer is capable of holding a charge. This is exactly what happens to people who buy "brand new" Fitbit Ones that have been sitting unused in the box for years. The batteries in our Fitbits work best when used, if sitting unexercised, they die. Your best solutions are (1) replacing the battery yourself, which is rewarding and relatively inexpensive, or (2) purchase a new Fitbit tracker. I recently purchased a dozen brand new Ones that worked perfectly and hold a charge for over a week, but those were the 10%, the other 90% of them were like you described. Until it's resolved, perhaps download Mobilesync which will allow you to use your phone to track steps?

Best Answer