Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One won’t sync on mobile data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anybody else have problems syncing their Fitbit over mobile data? When my phone is connected to WiFi, it will sync properly, but if I’m out and about it won’t sync on mobile data alone. I’ve checked that mobile data is on, and that access to mobile data is allowed for the Fitbit app. I’m on holiday at the moment and won’t have access to WiFi-I’d hate to lost my data because it hasn’t synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Dyfrgi I haven't, nor does this sound specific to the One. I've synced in at least half a dozen countries without issue. This problem may be something such as your mobile plan prohibiting Fitbit's address through mobile data or something completely out of your control. I'm unsure where you're traveling currently, but considering it does work on Wifi and your real concern of losing data, have you tried seeing if there are any "internet cafes" or the like if it's unavailable at the hotel or residence you're staying? 

Best Answer

I did wonder if that was the case. Ive got an ad blocker on my phone which I disabled but it still wouldn’t sync. WiFi and Internet cafes are great, but not if you’re walking and wild camping in Scotland. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just found that if I toggle mobile data on and off while the app is open it’ll sync. Not ideal but at least it will get me through the trip. 

Best Answer

@Dyfrgi Fantastic! I'm gonna keep your creative workaround in my back pocket if others experience it similarly. I do the same thing with Bluetooth whenever I've had problems syncing or adding a device. Somehow, disabling it (in my case, Bluetooth) with the app open works almost every time. I strongly suspect your carrier is blocking the IP. It's very common for carriers to prohibit specific IPs in other countries which could circumvent Fitbit (and potentially some other apps) from syncing. I didn't think of it until after replying last that I had experienced issues in Israel but they've got WiFi everywhere. As it's impractical for you to inquire with Fitbit which IP's they're using and attempt to get this resolved with your mobile provider in time, I'm glad you found a workaround! I've never been to Scotland but I'd love to be in your shoes walking the beautiful countryside and enjoying camping. My friend John lives in Scotland. We're in a workweek hustle challenge and he's always crushing steps.

Best Answer