Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One stopped tracking my steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the screwed up update earlier this week where many of us had to delete and readd the app to get it to sync, my Fitbit One won’t track steps in real time. Meaning often I could get it to be in a mode that I could watch the steps tick by as I was walking. It was strangely motivating for me. Since the update I have to sync to see any progress. Are others able to see steps in real time tick by? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I am having a similar issue with step count since the Fitbit screwup......now I am getting 3 days total of steps and the other 4 days are not being counted nor are they evern showing up....not happy with this 

Best Answer

I wonder if this is a deliberate move by Fitbit to have those who are “still” using Fitbit One to upgrade to a more costly model. I mean One was Fitbits initial entry into “tracking steps” et al and obviously they now have more competition from others. Fitbit, nor anyone else in this field has come up with/developed a device that can be carried in one’s pocket!  Why? Buy more expensive ones. Sigh. 😞

Best Answer

I too have been having issues *frustration * with my ONE syncing but also recording inaccurately.  Last Friday, my ONE was reading over 50,000 steps when in reality it should have been around 4000 steps.  Then on Tuesday it read and reported 200 steps when it should have been around 6000.  And yes, the active minutes are also off.  

I do have an Alta HR from years ago.  It was more to experiment with wrist based vs hip based.  I also just don't like wear it on my wrist! I see if I can wear it similar to how I wear the ONE. I'm not happy about giving up on my ONE!!☹️ I have worn the ONE for over 10 years!  I Love It! ❤️  FitBit needs to release another!!

Best Answer

I agree. Let’s have a new”ONE”. 😄👍

Best Answer