Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One won't sync to computer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my phone, it indicates that I am connected and it's syncing, but the Fitbit app on my laptop (using Windows 10), says 'could not sync your Fitbit tracker, please retry', and in the upper right corner, it says tracker not found, but when you hover over the sync symbol, it says it was synced a few minutes ago (maybe synced with my phone??)  I'm confused.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OK, I feel really dumb...not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but I rebooted my laptop and miraculously it worked!  Maybe this will help someone else, who knows!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

OK, I feel really dumb...not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but I rebooted my laptop and miraculously it worked!  Maybe this will help someone else, who knows!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to our Community @susanj65. Thank you for shared how you fix this syncing problem  and I'm glad you have found the solution. Indeed this will help other users that might be experiencing the same problem, so I am marking your post as solution.

I wish you the best and happy stepping. Robot wink

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

WAIT.JUST.A.MINUTE!  @susanj65   This solution worked for this lady but please read the pages long community complaints, including my own, where NOTHING Fitbit Support has suggested has worked on a PC.  I have Windows 10 and before that Windows 8.  I have had my Fitbit One for three years and after installing onto my Dell PC, it has worked, that is, up until 6:29 PM on Friday, July 22 when it stopped.  I have tried EVERYTHING and it won't work.  I have always spoke highly of Fitbit, but unless this issue is fixed, I will no longer and that.is.a.promise!

BTW, Fitbit says I can go to my Windows 10 Store and purchase "free" the Fitbit App for my PC.  I just tried that and since I don't have the station, I think it's called, to plug my One into in order to sync the program onto my PC, Fitbit says it will "sell me one".  Now, I understand...Fitbit is needing more profit and is hanging "One" PC users "out to dry"!

Short of telling me how many steps I am walking, etc., my "One" is now not useful for anything else.  Oh, it also give me the time so it's also a watch!  Am I being scarcastic, you're **ahem** right I am.

I have wasted several hours this weekend trying to "fix the problem" but now know, the problem isn't mine to fix.  The problem is with Fitbit no longer allowing my PC to use the installed software to sync and be a productive program! 

Best Answer

I made "One" mistake.  I said last syncing was 6:29 PM on Friday, July 22.  It was actually Thursday, July 21!

I see @susanj65's posting was back in late June.  I hope "One" continues to sync on her laptop for her but for those of us using PC's, it has stopped working.  I understand it will work via App on our phones and tablets...problem is, I don't have a smart phone nor a tablet...just my old PC.

Best Answer

I also had my last sync  on Thursday, 7/21/16 about 6 pm, as did my husband.  What's going on??

gski1947

Best Answer

Fitbit One will not sinc.

My Fitbit One has been working for over a year with my Windows laptop and desktop.  Last week it stopped syncing.  I get a message "No Internet Connection Found".  There is nothing wrong with my internet connection.  Rdonalds99

Best Answer

Fitbit One will not sync.

My Fitbit One has been working for over a year with my Windows laptop and desktop.  Last week it stopped syncing.  I get a message "No Internet Connection Found".  There is nothing wrong with my internet connection.  Rdonalds99

Best Answer

My fitbit will not sync with my computer no matter what I do.  I have tried to contact fitbit to no avail.  Please someone help me.

Best Answer

I too have the same issue.  My fitbit stopped syncing last thursday to my lap top.  I do not have a smart phone so I guess I am out of luck.  I have tried calling fitbit but no answer.   HELP.

Best Answer

me too

Best Answer

My Fitbit One has stopped synching to my PC laptop; I have done all the things recommended and it still does not synch. Even though I am on the internet, I receive a message from Fitbit that I am not on the internet. The sunk time I have spent trying to solve this problem frustrates me enormously. After having used Fitbit for many years, and this particular One for less than two years, I am ready to abandon the product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Last Thursday seems to be the time frame for many of us that are unable to
sync to computer. There is nothing wrong with our "internet connection".

Spent several hours over the last several days trying to resolve problem
with no luck...Help!!!!
gski1947
Best Answer

Okay, I'm having the same problem.  My Fitbit One did its last sync on 7/21/16 at 5:30 pm and hasn't synced since.  When I click on the Fitbit Connect icon on my iMac and click "Sync now", I get a message that says "Server appears to be busy at the moment.  Try again later".  I've run through most of the fixes on the help page and none of them work.

Since at least 3 others' devices ceased working on the same day at about the same time, the problem would appear to be Fitbit's, not ours.

Best Answer

Like almost everyone else on this thread, my One won't sync either.  I'm in England and it says my last sync was 00:03 on Friday (7:03pm for East Coast USA).  This is more than an individual computer problem.  This is a Fitbit problem.  I've had my One for 4 years and love it.  I do not want a wrist style.  I like the One.  But I need it to work.  

Best Answer

rebooted...did not work.  I am feeling very frustrated and angry with fitbit.com.  This doesn't seem to be our problem, but fitbits???

gski1947

Best Answer

Add my husband and myself to the list of those that can't sync their fitbit one since last Wednesday.  Very upsetting.  Sounds like a widespread problem and no indication from Fitbit as to what is going on. 

Best Answer

why is the only response to someone who figured out their issue with fit bit.  How about responding to all the folks that have had an issue since last Wednesday.

Best Answer

My husband and I have both had the same synching problem. Same timing of the problem too. Still looking for a solution.

Best Answer

Same problem. Last sucessful sync was Thursday July 21, 2016

Best Answer