Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my fitbit 1, misplaced it for some time and have found it. Have new pc logged into my account and Fitbit will not sync, yet tells me too, bluetooth all OK, tried to download app to pc - says not available for my device, is that the "one" or my laptop (Dell) getting nowhere, but increasing circles. Is this some evil plan to force me to buy a new device? No thank you - how to lose customers and gain a bad reputation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @DRGJ and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit deactivated both Fitbit Connect and the Fitbit app for Windows 10.  You can only sync with a compatible Android or Apple device (phone/tablet).  You might not need to do anything if you own a compatible device, except download the Fitbit app and log in with your same email/password.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @DRGJ and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit deactivated both Fitbit Connect and the Fitbit app for Windows 10.  You can only sync with a compatible Android or Apple device (phone/tablet).  You might not need to do anything if you own a compatible device, except download the Fitbit app and log in with your same email/password.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

LZeeW,

thank you for your response - as I feared. I have a 1 year old PC with Windows 10, and an Android phone still in contract. I was unaware that support for windows 10 had been withdrawn - thank you. Attempting to load the app on my Android also failed, with message my device is not supported. Oh joy.

I can work with wrong date/time by making adjustments, I can record my steps etc on spread sheet. But will I buy another Fit Bit - no! Both on principal, and that my Pension does not justify the unreasonable expense.

DRGJ

I appreciate your help and input, and say goodbye to you and the community

Best Answer

This means that I can no longer use my Fitbit One either. That is ridiculous!

Best Answer

It certainly would have been nice if FitBit sent me an email to let me know that FitBit Connect was no longer working.

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Stopped syncing May 1st.  I don't see how putting an app on my Android phone is going to help.

The Fitbit One uses a dongle plugged into my computer.  It is not blutooth compatible and I certainly don't have a usb port on my phone that I could plug the dongle into. 

Is the Fitbit One totally useless now?

Best Answer

P.S.  Looking through the Fitbit Help center provided no useful information.

Best Answer

After reading the information on the compatible android devices and learning that the Fitbit One did have an early version of bluetooth (LE) I decided to give it a try.  I have a Samsung J7 Crown smartphone so I downloaded the fitbit app to my phone and installed it.  That part went great.  I turned on my bluetooth in the phone and scanned for devices.  It found my Fitbit One, so I told it to connect.  This is where I had the problem.  It said it couldn't connect to the device (Fitbit One) and suggested that I check the settings in the device.  As far as I know there are no settings in the Fitbit One or not any way to set anything there.  Maybe I don't have the right kind of phone but I have nothing else that I could try.  So it looks like the end of the line for my faithful old Fitbit One.

Best Answer

You cannot connect direct via Bluetooth.  You have to go into the Fitbit app, click on your profile and you will see a section saying "set up a device".  Follow the instructions and you should be OK.

Best Answer

Having the same issues. Bought two new in package FitBit Ones off Facebook Marketplace and neither will turn on. Both fully charged. Fitbit One is something I've loved since 2016. I'm so sad to have to say goodbye. I won't wear anything on my wrist, so will say goodbye Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I bought my Fitbit One many years ago, used off of eBay.  The battery is no longer holding a charge.  My daughter got me a Fitbit Inspire for Christmas several years ago.  I went out and purchased several cute different bands for it.  I do not like to wear it on my wrist.  It doesn't count all the steps I take in a day.  If I am carrying something, it doesn't count my steps.  I found a fabric band on Amazon that I can slide my Inspire into and I wear it on my ankle.  My spouse wants to get me a smart watch.  I don't want one because I won't wear it on my wrist.  Once my Inspire no longer works, I am done with Fitbit.  Don't like the fact that Fitbit is now owned by Google. Also don't like the fact that all these fitness apps are subject to data mining.  My data, my private property. I also wear an Omron pedometer that I keep in my pocket.  I can upload that data to an Omron program on my computer.  Omron no longer supports that software but it is still working for me. Since June 27, 2017 I have logged 18,838,739 steps for a daily average of 7,749 steps. I hope my Omron program continues to work with Windows 11.

Best Answer

Thanks theumpire!  That worked.  It wanted to treat me as if I had a new device but I went ahead because it didn't know about my current device.  I haven't checked yet to see if it has synced to my account.  That is the next step.  It did say that I had to have my app open for it to sync but that is ok.  I'll do that once a day and it should be fine. 

PS.  For anyone else that tries this, it isn't obvious at first how to get into the setup menu.  But click on you picture (or whatever is in the upper left hand corner of the app) and a menu will come up.  One of the options is to setup device.  Click on that one.  During the process it will send a 4 digit code to your Fitbit One which you will have to type into your app.  It does the rest from there.  Be patient.  It took mine a couple of minutes to finish.

PPS.  I just checked and it has synced to my account and it did upload the 2 months of data it had in it dating back to May 1 when it stopped syncing.  So now I'm really happy.  Just sorry that I haven't been wearing it for the last 2 weeks or so.

Best Answer