Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit just turns off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm wondering if my fitbit is about to die, I"ve had this one about a year now.  I'll go for my monring walk, it's fully charged, and "awake"   After walking 3 miles, I look at it and it won't show anything on the screen, no matter how many times I press the button.  I have to put in in the charger to wake it up and they it shows no steps were taken.   This happens pretty often throughout the time.

Is this a clue that it's about to die? do they only last a year?  My first one only lasted a year

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Mine's now 3.5 years old and going strong but I agree it doesn't sound good for your One.

In the hope it might be a software glitch rather than the hardware failing I'd suggest restarting your One using the following procedure. It does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Best Answer
I've seen this behavior before and Fitbit replaced my unit. It just started doing it again and I just emailed support again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ggoode66 A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on this and would like to know if the steps that my friend @SteveH helped you to get your One back to life.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for joining us in this thread! I would like to know also if our Support team was able to provide a solution for you since I want to follow up in case the issue persists.

Catch ya later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit wrote:

@SunsetRunner Thanks for joining us in this thread! I would like to know also if our Support team was able to provide a solution for you since I want to follow up in case the issue persists.

Yes, Support is replacing my tracker again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
not exactly. i have to do that every other day. so it does work but not for long

Sent from my iPhone 8s
Best Answer
0 Votes
not exactly. i have to do that process every couple days. so it works but not for long

Sent from my iPhone 8s
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i've got the same problem, my fitbit one keeps on switching on and it is only one years old. Help!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm so glad to hear that our Support team provided a replacement unit. Thanks for keeping me updated.

@ggoode66 Since you have troubleshooted this issue and the issue persists, my best advice is to contact our Support department so they can get you back on track.

@Zoooooo Thanks for joining us and welcome to the forums! I would like you to try the steps that my friend @SteveH mentioned in his post above. These are great troubleshooting steps that will help to get this issue sorted out.

Catch ya later my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue today so I am wondering if there was a bad software update or something. i had a hard time getting mine to sync this morning, so I did a reset by plugging it in and prssing the button for about 10 secs. After that my data would sync to my phone, I double cheked the battery and it was still registering full, which it was. Now about 3 hours later it is completely out of juice. I am now charging it. Hope someone else knows if there is a software bug or something that is causing this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Peng_66 Thanks for joining us in this thread! Seems that you have tried the troubleshooting steps recommended for this type of issues. The Fitbit One firmware doesn't have an issue. However, I recommend contacting our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and get you back on track.]

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue. This started a few weeks ago and has gotten progressively worse until today when it won't stay "alert" for more than a couple of minutes. The the screen goes blank and no matter what I do it won't come on. If I plug it into the charger it displays FITBIT 6.60 and a full battery. Wait a few minutes.... I press the button to check my steps and the screen won't come on again. 

I just got off chat with Support who advised me that there's nothing that they can do to resolve the issue and my unit is out of warranty so they offered a 25% discount on a new one. But I'm noting my issue here because it seems to be a recurring one in the community at large and not just my individual unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@soccerdiva990 Thanks for joining us in this thread! So sorry to hear that your Fitbit One is unresponsive. Regarding the 25% discount was offered due to the expiration of the 1 year warranty as our Support team stated. Please check our Warranty Policies which mentions the coverage of the warranty.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unless you can convince support to treat this as a legitimate problem that
needs to be addressed instead of treating it as planned obsolescence and
generating future sales from the issuance of 25% off coupons - I don't
think there's anything you can do. I sincerely appreciate your offer.
Best Answer
I purchased my One in April 2015. It has never had any problems, never been in water, never damaged. One morning I woke up and it was not responsive at all. I tried all the troubleshooting measures on the website and nothing worked so I emailed support. They replied that it is out of warranty and there is nothing they can do. I've seen a lot of forums where people's One lasts years then dies, but I've only had mine a year and a half and I'm very disappointed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sarahma sorry to hear that.

As you have gone through the normal troubleshooting steps I guess you have tried restarting the One. However, this procedure is known to not always work so if you only tried it once then it's worth trying a few more times:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with it randomly turning off, not tracking steps. When I turn it on again, I get the Fitbit 6.60 message. About 2 weeks ago it also just stopped syncing with my desktop completely. I'm only able to sync via phone app now. I've tried re-starting multiple times, checking that it's fully charged, ...nothing seems to help. It seems odd to me that multiple people started having the same issue around the same time. 😕

I have a Surge as well, which is newer. I just had that replaced under warranty, due to the band breaking. The One is older, so I'm sure no warranty. Not really sure what to think about Fitbit right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit One, less than a month old, is also "suspending time". Yesterday it lost 4 hours. Today it lost 2:20. No steps get recorded in those lost hours. Battery is fully charged. It wakes up when I depress the button but I have to sync it to get it back to the correct  time. So, is this a common problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I too find it odd that so many people are reporting the issue but Fitbit
won't acknowledge that there's a real issue. Their solution is is increase
their sales by having you buy another with a 25% off coupon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started doing this as well.  I've been using it for two weeks.  It's very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes