Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is FitBit on my PC?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

OK...so I D/L Fitbit for Windows 10 to my PC. Somehow I put the icon on my taskbar, but that's the only place I can see it! It's not under "downloads", it's not under "programs" to uninstall, and using File Explorer it's not under "Programs".

I didn't think I had it so I tried to install again and it gave me error msg "Installed". Where is it and how do I put the Icon on my desktop. It is NOT by the clock or in the hidden icons...

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you are using the app then there is no entry in your downloaded files or program files. Apps work differently than downloaded programs and are self contained and managed by the Windows Store.

If you'd like a shortcut to the app on your desktop as well as the entry on the taskbar then press the Windows key, scroll down to the fitbit app. Click and drag this to the desktop and it will create a shortcut.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

There are 2 ways of installing fitbit with Windows 10 and it's not clear which you have done.

The first way is to go to www.fitbit.com/setup where you choose "Windows 10" and click "Download from Windows Store". This installs the fitbit app which is similar to the app on mobile devices. If you took this route then you click on the Windows icon at the bottom left of your PC screen (or press the Windows key) and then scroll down to the fitbit app. Just clicking on this should open the app.

The second way is to choose "PC" from the setup site and then click "Download for Windows". This will download an executable file that installs "Fitbit Connect". If you took this route then you need to find this downloaded file (it's name starts with "FitbitConnect-v2) and double click it to start the installation procedure. Once installed you will have a fitbit icon in your system tray at the bottom right of your PC screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi SteveH

Thanks for the prompt reply. My computer HAS the Fitbit app for Windows 10 and it's on my taskbar and start menu. I was wondering HOW to put the Fitbit Icon on my desktop.

Additionally, I'm curious as to WHY Fitbit doesn't show up in either my downloaded files or under program files...

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are using the app then there is no entry in your downloaded files or program files. Apps work differently than downloaded programs and are self contained and managed by the Windows Store.

If you'd like a shortcut to the app on your desktop as well as the entry on the taskbar then press the Windows key, scroll down to the fitbit app. Click and drag this to the desktop and it will create a shortcut.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks AGAIN!

I appreciate your help....solved the problem on how to get the Icon on my desktop, as well as taught me about using apps on my PC.

Now to ask about why it's not syncing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you gone through the setup process for your fitbit to link it with your account? If not, then within the app go into the account pages and use the "set up device" option. This will step you through the process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again SteveH

Thanks for the prompt reply. I checked and my device IS already set up. Problem is the only entry on the Fitbit Dashboard is from the first day I got it...

any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. On the account tab of the app it will show your fitbit and the date / time it last synced. I'm guessing this will say it last synced on the day you got it. At the bottom of the app screen should be a button to force a sync. If this does not work then I would try 2 things:

Restart your fitbit using this procedure: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

If that doesn't get it syncing then try setting it up again by adding it as a new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again SteveH!

You're right, it was last synced the day I got it...Tried to force a sync and failed. Went to your link and reset my device (removed battery for 10 seconds). Then tried to sync again and it said I needed an update in order for it to work. Updated it and now it WORKS!

Thanks so much for all your help..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news! Glad we got there in the end.

Best Answer
0 Votes