Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One won't sync neither with computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my One last October, used it for a month & it worked fine. Synced with my phone & computer just fine. Then I lost it. I found it 5 months later & I charged it up, but it says the time is 10:45 AM when in reality it's 6:18 PM. Also, it won't sync with my computer even though it's attached directly to the computer via the little cable. Turned it off as per instructions, but the time is still off and it won't sync with the computer. When I went to the fitbit help center, it said I was 151 in line and I wouldn't be taken care of today because of the time. Yikes!! Anyone have a solution? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Is the dongle plugged in?

dongle.png

To change the time go to settings and scroll down to time zone and change it there

Manual is here and can help a lot

http://help.fitbit.com/?p=one

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I'm not using the dongle because I have the One plugged into it's power cord and connected directly to my Macbook laptop. It charged up just fine. The time is set correctly in settings in my account, and I've done all the manual has told me to do and still nothing. No sync, and no time change, either. I restarted my computer, just to make sure, and still nothing. This all happened when it was left in my dresser drawer for 5 months. That doesn't seem like something that would mess it up. The battery was dead, but it charged quite easily, so I'm at a loss as to what or why this is happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I found the solution! I uninstalled and then reinstalled the connection download for it. It just synced. Yay! Thanks for your response, though it wasn't useful, it was nice knowing someone was out there listening to me.

Best Answer

@rblac Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm very glad to hear that you were able to find a solution to this problem. Thanks for sharing it! I'm sure this will help other users who might be experiencing the same issues. 

@WendyB Thanks for your dedicated help!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with, check this friends thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

What does reinstalled the connection download mean? I need to know how to do that. I've tried everything else and still no sync happening 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lilacs4me Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! Where are you seeing that? On the Fitbit app?

Can you please share a screen shot showing that error message?

Also, try the following:

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check your computer to see if Fitbit Connect is on there. If it is, you can
delete it, then reload it according to the directions in the Setup. If it's
not on your computer, then just go through the setup again and load it. (I
finally figured this out after half a day trying to deal with this). A
friend said her computer deleted Fitbit Connect when it went through an
upgrade, so you might consider this possibility. Good luck.
Best Answer

tried this:

plug in with cable,

hold button on bit for 10 seconds,

remove from cable,

insert dongle,

press button til bit goes on,

try sinc on dashboard

good luck.

Best Answer