Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't pair after entering 4 digit code

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there.  Hoping somebody can help.  I updated the firmware on my fitbit one on Thursday but immediately after I noticed it wouldn't sync.  I've tried all of the following MANY times since:

* Turning Bluetooth on/off on phone, tablet and laptop

* Re-setting my fitbit using charge cable

* Using the USB dongle in laptop to try and sync

* Uninstalling and re-installing the fitbit app 

No success here so I removed the device from my account.  Now I can only get as far as entering the 4 digit code when trying to add the device back in.  I receive the code on my fitbit fine but get a Not Working message? after entering it stating...

1. If there are other trackers nearby, move them away.
  2. Make sure your One is nearby.
  3. Make sure your One display turns on when you press its button. If the display doesn’t turn on, charge your One.

Any ideas?  

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to say that I have not been able to resolve this direct with Fitbit customer support either.

They have offered me a 25% discount as a goodwill gesture for a newr fitbit which tells me they have been unable to resolve the current problem.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! I believe your One got stuck on a Firmware update and that is the reason why you are experiencing this problems. 

Please take a look at this post to check what steps to do to fix this. Please do them in the order given. If you already did some of those steps, please try them once again. Once the Firmware update is finished, your One should work properly. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR wrote:

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! I believe your One got stuck on a Firmware update and that is the reason why you are experiencing this problems. 

Please take a look at this post to check what steps to do to fix this. Please do them in the order given. If you already did some of those steps, please try them once again. Once the Firmware update is finished, your One should work properly. 

SantiFitbit - can you share why this is happening to One's globally?  Why is Fitbit not informing One owners that something is not working with the 6.64 update and why are so many Fitbit's bricking with this new update?    @SunsetRunner - please share if following @SantiR 's advice worked for you, because it is not working for a lot of One users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

Many thanks for your reply.

Sadly after many failed attempts I am still unable to add my device back in.  I get as far as entering the 4 digit code to pair my fitbit only to receive the message below a second later...

An error occurred while pairing your tracker, please try again.

I have lost count on how many times I have entered a 4 digit code now

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Best Answer

Hi there

Many thanks for your reply.

Sadly after many failed attempts I am still unable to add my device back in.  I get as far as entering the 4 digit code to pair my fitbit only to receive the message below a second later...

An error occurred while pairing your tracker, please try again.

I have lost count on how many times I have entered a 4 digit code now

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same problem here.  Wouldn't sync after attempting the update.  I removed the One device and have been trying to add it back, but I get "The operation couldn't be completed.  (com.fitbit.HTTP error 400). 

How do you retry the firmware update if the device can't be added back?  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @Ceeleigh I hope you're doing well! As your tracker are unpaired, you will need to try to pair them back again to your accounts to later perform the firmware update process. Please try the following (in that order), if you already did some of those steps, please do them once again:

1. Restart the One.
  2. Remove tracker from Bluetooth settings.
  3. Toggle Bluetooth on and off. 
  4. Try pairing your tracker back again.

That should help. Please try that out!

@essloane I hope you're doing well! Is this happening globally? The only information I have regarding the 6.64 update is this post I was able to find on the official thread about version 6.64. 

Checking on that, it is possible that because the update is still being rolled out, some adjustments need to be done (as the post says), so, that make me believe that it will be alright soon. However, I can't confirm any of this. So, checking that original thread for updates is the best thing to do. For the moment, I can share some workarounds with you that may help you out. If they don't, I can contact customer support for you as well for them to help you further! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR I tried your instructions in order, a few times, but no luck.  It still gets to the "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.fitbit.HTTP error 400.)    Please advise, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ceeleigh Thanks for trying all the troubleshooting steps provided. 

Please take a look at your inbox for further steps.

Thanks for your patience!

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SantiR - I have tried the trouble shooting steps but sadly still getting the same error.

I'm hoping that there'll be a fix soon as I rely heavily on the sync function 😞

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Kerry

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying those steps. 

I contacted you via PM. Please check your Community forums inbox.

Thanks for your patience regarding this matter!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same problems with my Fitbit One as Kezza45 and have tried the solution offered but it has not worked.  What do you suggest?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I unpaired my after the firmware update, and cant get passed the 4 digit paring.  Tired doing the update on my computer and get the same error message as I do on my phone?  Sucks this was the perfect product for me!!

Best Answer

Sorry to say that I have not been able to resolve this direct with Fitbit customer support either.

They have offered me a 25% discount as a goodwill gesture for a newr fitbit which tells me they have been unable to resolve the current problem.

Best Answer

I have had a number of times I had to deal with this. The steps I have taken are usually wrong, but I did finally just do it again and it works.

1. Turn off Blaze and plug in to charger, even if at full charge. To turn phone off, from home, swipe left to settings and swipe up to bottom of list to turn it off.

2. In Fitbit phone app, remove the device.

3. In the Bluetooth phone settings, unpair the device and exit settings. DO NOT pair the Blaze through phone settings!

4. Open up Fitbit app, add the new device and follow the instructions. *Note: you will have to turn Fitbit on and enter the information from the Fitbit to the setup of the Fitbit app. Just follow the prompts to add the new device.  *Note: It might take a minute or so to add the new device, so wait for a few minutes and it should be added.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rab1dMonkey Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thank you very much for taking the time to share these steps that helped you out.

I'm sure other users will find this useful. Thanks for your contribution to the Fitbit forums.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit announces this as an accepted solution????? So there is NO solution?????

Best Answer

@Diannna Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting your inquiry on this thread. The accepted solution are chosen by the creator of this thread. 

I'd recommend trying these set up troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out. This has helped other users in the past..

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit one disappeared from my iphone app a couple of months ago. I did all of the things it said to do and it also wouldn’t pair with the 4 digit code. I still could sync it to my iPad so I gave up with the phone. Yesterday i got a push from Fitbit to change the location settings under settings to “always” for accuracy or something like that. I went into fitbit app under settings on phone and changed the setting from “only while using app” to “always” and my One reappeared in the Fitbit app on my phone and is syncing perfectly now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for coming back @Hago ! I'm happy to hear that our team was able to help you with the set up inconvenience that you had, and that finally your One reappeared on you iPhone and now you are able to sync perfectly. I appreciate all the details you provided, I'm sure they will be useful to other users. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes