Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't pair after entering 4 digit code

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there.  Hoping somebody can help.  I updated the firmware on my fitbit one on Thursday but immediately after I noticed it wouldn't sync.  I've tried all of the following MANY times since:

* Turning Bluetooth on/off on phone, tablet and laptop

* Re-setting my fitbit using charge cable

* Using the USB dongle in laptop to try and sync

* Uninstalling and re-installing the fitbit app 

No success here so I removed the device from my account.  Now I can only get as far as entering the 4 digit code when trying to add the device back in.  I receive the code on my fitbit fine but get a Not Working message? after entering it stating...

1. If there are other trackers nearby, move them away.
  2. Make sure your One is nearby.
  3. Make sure your One display turns on when you press its button. If the display doesn’t turn on, charge your One.

Any ideas?  

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

After spending a LOT of time doing all the steps other people mention here… I finally achieved sync between the Fitbit and the app by “clearing user data” on the Fitbit device. After doing that, I went through the setup process from scratch and it synced. Yes, I lost all my recent data from the device, but at least I didn’t have to get rid of the Fitbit entirely. I hope the company diverts more resources from Sales and Marketing to QC and debugging. Losing customers and reputation isn’t the way to go.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this and still keeps saying I need to update app but have reinstalled it... used the numbers 5 times and now given up

Best Answer
0 Votes
Trouble is Fitbit themselves have no idea either! Complete waste of money😡 Mine won’t sync regularly, can’t count steps accurately, and doesn’t give notifications either!
As useful as an old fashioned wind up clock! Never again!

Sent from my iPad somewhere in outta space
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been sitting here for over 2 hours researching and trying to figure out how to add my Inspire 2 after it failed to sync a month ago, constantly held up at the 40% mark -- THANK YOU, deleting user data from the device was was the missing piece to the puzzle! I removed the device from my account, uninstalled then reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, the fitbit itself, had it completely charged, and tried to add it as a new device to my account through the app but kept getting stuck on the 4 digits. Maybe it was the data all along that was corrupted or too large a file to be synced to the app (it had been a while between syncs, that was my assumption, since it typically takes longer to sync the longer it's been since the last sync). But it makes sense that the user data would have to be deleted in order for it to recognize it as a new device. Thanks again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes