Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't pair after entering 4 digit code

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there.  Hoping somebody can help.  I updated the firmware on my fitbit one on Thursday but immediately after I noticed it wouldn't sync.  I've tried all of the following MANY times since:

* Turning Bluetooth on/off on phone, tablet and laptop

* Re-setting my fitbit using charge cable

* Using the USB dongle in laptop to try and sync

* Uninstalling and re-installing the fitbit app 

No success here so I removed the device from my account.  Now I can only get as far as entering the 4 digit code when trying to add the device back in.  I receive the code on my fitbit fine but get a Not Working message? after entering it stating...

1. If there are other trackers nearby, move them away.
  2. Make sure your One is nearby.
  3. Make sure your One display turns on when you press its button. If the display doesn’t turn on, charge your One.

Any ideas?  

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

My Fitbit one disappeared from my iphone app a couple of months ago. I did all of the things it said to do and it also wouldn’t pair with the 4 digit code. I still could sync it to my iPad so I gave up with the phone. Yesterday i got a push from Fitbit to change the location settings under settings to “always” for accuracy or something like that. I went into fitbit app under settings on phone and changed the setting from “only while using app” to “always” and my One reappeared in the Fitbit app on my phone and is syncing perfectly now.

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Hago! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned. Thanks for sharing with other users what you did and helped you got your One appeared on your app again. 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem too with my Alta & followed all the troubleshooting solutions.

I even connected it to my computer (still wouldn't sync) and used my other phone (same problem).

It's a pity since I liked the product and spent a lot of money on the different bands. I'm considering to purchase another fitbit but considering the trouble that I always go through to pari it up, I think I'll go with other fitness tracker band.

My current fitbit is essentially useless because it tells me different time of the day n dates.

I have the same problem too with my Alta & followed all the troubleshooting solutions.

I even connected it to my computer (still wouldn't sync) and used my other phone (same problem).

It's a pity since I liked the product and spent a lot of money on the different bands. I'm considering to purchase another fitbit but considering the trouble that I always go through to pair it up, I think I'll go with other fitness tracker brand.

My current fitbit is essentially useless because it tells me different time of the day n dates.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I also have this problem with my fitbit one I have tried everything suggest here to no avail, I will never buy another fitbit product again, even if they do offer me 25% discount there is obviously a fault with this unit, that appears to be un-fixable.

Best Answer

My charge 2 is having that issue! I can’t figure out how to fix and if I have to get a new one that’s going to be really disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bazza1964 wrote:

Hi I also have this problem with my fitbit one I have tried everything suggest here to no avail, I will never buy another fitbit product again, even if they do offer me 25% discount there is obviously a fault with this unit, that appears to be un-fixable.

Update! Fitbit replaced my Fitbit One, however the replacment came and the screen would not turn on unless it was plugged into the charger, after an hour + in chat trying to get it to work, they agrreed to send me out another replacment.
Happy to report that the replacment works perfectly great service from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just called customer service with the same problem.  It appears that Fitbit attempted to update the firmware on a Charge 2 but didn't finish (was interrupted).  Since it wasn't marked as pending anymore it didn't attempt to do it again, but because it wasn't done, the phone wouldn't connect.

The customer support person had me connect with my laptop and it immediately installed the update (took 10 minutes).  If it had not the best option offered by customer support was a 25% discount on a Charge 3 since the 2 is no longer made and was out of warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know I am too late on this issue but I had same exact issue but I believe I got it fixed. Details below.

I turned off the tracker for 10days and tried to use it again. But it wouldnt sync. So I unpaired it from my phone and Fitbit account and tried to add the tracker to my account again. 

I must tried more than 10 times trying all the solutions listed but it would get stuck exactly at the same place where the app informs it was able to find the tracker. And the tracker provides four digit code which will not get accepted by the app and defaults to troubleshooting steps.

So I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone and the tracker and tried again after installing the app again. No success....even after trying 4 times. 

I almost gave up and something strikes my mind... The charger!!!!!

So when we try to pair, the app shows a picture of both tracker and the charger....

Hence I plugged in the charger.. the tracker next to it.. fully charged.

Violaaa... It paired this time... No issues.... 

Make sure you have the charger just plugged it and next to you while pairing. And the location ON. 

Hope this Helps.

Best Answer

hi i have the same problem it wont let me set it up it shows a qustion mark on the display when i put the pin in is there any soulion for it i dont know what to do with it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I unfortunately also ran into this problem.  I've tried all the resetting, on/off, entered the PIN many many times, basically everything tried, multiple times.  I had a fall a few weeks ago and now that I want to get back into using my Charge 2, it doesn't sync.  Also the date/time is wrong on it, so it's basically useless unless I wanted to look it for heartrate, but no tracking of any sort.

The best 'answer' of getting a discount of 25% is disappointing at best since the product should be fixed instead of forcing us to buy a new product.

Best Answer

I have just had this happen to me too!
I have a Vera and yes it may be 3 years but why can’t they fix this. Finding this post does not make me feel good about my chances of fixing it either. 

Best Answer

I had the same problem with a Charge 3.

I tried all the suggested solutions probably 10 times each.

Finally I managed to reconnect and get regular synchronisation after

1. removing the charge 3 as a device in the app.

2. stop and start bluetooth

3. delete user data from the device

4. reboot the device.

5. re-pair

it just didn't work unless I deleted the user data from the device. I could enter the 4 digits in any number of times but it failed each and every until deleting the user data.

Best Answer

I'm so glad I found this comment! After days of typing in my 4 digit code and my phone still not syncing/connecting with my tracker, I already followed all the steps you mentioned, except I hadn't tried deleting the user data from the device/tracker. After doing this my tracker synced with my phone within a minute. So Thank you!

Best Answer
Woooo! Your welcome

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
You are so welcome. I was doing the same as you and it was SO frustrating
not to have it sync.

Glad you got it going!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here also. Won't recognize my WiFi. Won't sync. Quite disappointing.

If that one won't work why would anyone buy another 25% off is an insult.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chris2k I understand you're angry at Fitbit for generously offering you a discount on a new tracker. This is a member-supported community, and you're shouting (all-caps) at fellow Fitbit customers. Fitbit One doesn't sync via WiFi, are you sure you're using a Fitbit One? Maybe write a reply without shouting and share specific details of the challenges you're facing, and what you've already tried. Perhaps there's an easy solution you'll enjoy! 

Best Answer

That’s bad! My new Fitbit charge 5 won’t pair after putting code in either. I re installed everything as it can’t count steps accurately or receive msgs, and Fitbit themselves have no idea how to fix it! It’s supposed to be the latest whizz bang tracker! Far from it!

Fitbit needs to fix issues not offer a discount so you can buy another underperforming expensive product! Not Happy at all!…

Best Answer

Glad I found this post as well! Fitbit wouldn't pair after entering the 4 digit pairing code. I saw this and from the display menu, on my Inspire HR  I deleted user data. This allowed me to pair successfully (finally!!!) and my device is syncing with  my mobile device again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I won’t buy or recommend a Fitbit ever. Mind doesn’t sync, doesn’t give
notifications, can’t count steps accurately, and Fitbit themselves have no
idea how to fix it! Cost $250+ But Worth $10!
Best Answer
0 Votes