Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had someone hijack their private page?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just curious, but has anyone had uninvited 'friends' appear on your dashboard or Log without being asked, no invitation, no request to be a friend?

I've been experiencing this since July, and written a moderator but never received a reply.  It is most disconcerting.  If and when I decide to accept a 'friend request' I want to be able to make that decision, not have some anonymous person decide for me.

Dinah

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Some folks have too much time on their hands, they can't just appear on your friends list without you accepting them so it's all good.  Remember legitimate friend requests come through the fitbit dashboard messaging system, not through email so treat unsolicited emails as phishing expeditions just like the fake UPS, IRS, FedEx and "dear beloved one" ones you get 🙂

You can turn off private messaging, if that becomes an issue, in the fitbit messaging system by logging into your account on a PC and going to https://community.fitbit.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences "Private Messanger" and unchecking its box (be sure to hit the save button after you clear the tick box)

Hope this helps @nadasy

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nadasyIf you believe that  your account has been hacked please contact support ASAP

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  The next step was to call, but I have to leave for work shortly, so when I get home I will call. 

Let me reiterate.  I NEVER received a 'friend' request from this person.  She just appeared on my list - not as a friend, but to let me know that she had passed me by 24K steps...that kind of thing.  I have contacted a Moderator privately 3 times since July and no response from them.

Yesterday she appeared on my Dashboard as a friend. There was NO invitation sent, and NONE requested, so when the reply to my question starts with:

---Some folks have too much time on their hands, they can't just appear on your friends list without you accepting them so it's all good.  Remember legitimate friend requests come through the fitbit dashboard messaging system, not through email so treat unsolicited emails as phishing expeditions just like the fake UPS, IRS, FedEx and "dear beloved one" ones you get Smiley Happy

Obviously I have not explained  my predicament so that it is understood.  I am well aware of phishing and did NOT receive any emails.  The photo and text appeared on my friend request list-there was NO EMAIL contact.  I do not have Private Messenger on----------

I will contact by phone this afternoon.  Thank you Wendy for this suggestion.

Dinah 

Best Answer
0 Votes