Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete (negate) driving "steps"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My fitbit doesn't record driving my car as steps but does driving a bumpy van. I've attempted to negate the steps as per instructions on site but it hasn't adjusted my steps at all... help!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9
My fitbit doesn't record driving my car as steps but does driving a bumpy van. I've attempted to negate the steps as per instructions on site but it hasn't adjusted my steps at all... help!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Put driving in as activity. It will delete the steps and/or stairs during that time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit family @Snarfials! I agree with @Crazytkr, you should create a driving activity to negate the steps by following the instructions in this post right here. Let us know how it goes! Cat Very Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

This isn't working for me at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Maesca how far through the process are you getting? What problem are you having?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed the instructions of going to my Fitbit.com dashboard > log > activities, and then logging activists for sleep and driving, and selecting affected times in order to negate these steps. It logs the activity but doesn't remove the steps from my count.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This part of the process is where it's easy to go wrong:

"Once you're there, type 'Driving' in the search bar from the Log Activities section. Just like this:negating data - creating activity.png

Click on the Driving option"

If you accidentally click return rather than click on driving in the purple box is creates a custom activity that will not negate the steps but if you do click on the "driving" in the purple box then it uses the pre-defined driving activity and that will (or at least should) negate the steps.

Best Answer

@SteveH you, Sir, are a star.  That's what I needed after a day's truck driving awarded me 23,000 steps and more stairs than I've ever been up.

Best Answer

@SteveH awesome troubleshooting! It's always nice having you around. Smiley Happy Keep it up!

@SunsetRunner welcome aboard! I'm glad to read that the instructions provided by @SteveH helped you with your inquiry. 

I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food! Heart

Hope to see you around more often!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes