Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Found a One near Zambrezi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have you lost your Fitbit one?

i have found one near the Zambezi. 

If its yours, please describe it to me and we can arrange a reunion 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

If you are in the US you can contact support and they can get it back to it's owner. Use help link at top of forum

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I am in Africa. Not USA. The one may not work anyway as it is dead. No idea how long it had been lost or abandoned before I found it. It may be totally useless but I posted it just in case someone was still in the area looking for it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you find the owner

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

The one I lost is Black .Does it match mine? 

Actually there is not much that can be done to help out here .If you wanted to try, a third party charge cord is cheap .

Best Answer
Sorry but this one is not yours. I really hope that you find your one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know that, I was joking. 

My point was in the second line. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I expect that I will have to buy a charging lead to see if there is any more info on it. I would be gutted to lose my own Fitbit charge hr which is why I want to try to locate the owner

But having looked online, I see that the second hand resale value is really low, so posting this back to the tourist in Australia or USA may be only marginally beneficial. The time zone was significantly adrift to come to that conclusion, but the battery then died. I expect the original owner has already purchased a replacement. I only lasted 1 day without mine when it broke and had to get a new one immediately. This owner may be the same.

Mind you He had left a lot of trash including candle nightlights and glass bottles which I had to clear up as I don’t like to see rubbish in a National Park. If I hadn’t been so obsessed with clearing rubbish, I would not have found it. Hippo poo in that area is full of plastic. Animals die with plastic inside and I wish people respected animal life. I got leopard on the wildlife camera within 10m of that spot too- so ........

Whilst I have sympathy for his loss, I am seriously unimpressed by the litter left behind. Have a lovely evening in the Bush, but take your rubbish home please.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Over enact and Amazon, i'm seeing Fitbit Ones from $70 to $265 USD.. People are asking almost as much as the Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zambezisaviour Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you have found a Fitbit One in Africa and that you want to return it to its owner. That's very nice from you! 

In this case, I have created a case with customer support in your behalf for next steps. They will review the situation and will tell you the best solution for this. Keep an eye on your email inbox!

@Rich_Laue @WendyB Thanks for your awesome help on this thread! Smiley Very Happy

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now ordered a charger in order to recover more details from the device. Not prepared to give up yet in my attempt to reunite the one with its rightful owner

Best Answer

Without knowing the accounts email and passsord you probably will not get much more then steps from the tracker. 

The Fitbit One doesn't store any personal info or even the users email. 

Best Answer

This is my last ditch attempt. I have invested money on a charger.  I now know that the owner is called Gene

Any ideas anyone?  If you know of a Gene who has been to Africa and lost his Fitbit, please ask him to get in touch 

Best Answer

@Zambezisaviour Thanks for your reply and for sharing that information regarding this situation.

Hopefully, Gene will visit the forums and read this so he can get in touch with you. Any other ideas customer support was able to recommend to you to do in this situation?

Thanks for trying to reunite the lost One with its owner!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes