Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

Lysa_d, 

This is a Burgundy that is available now at a very good price:

https://www.rei.com/product/847934/fitbit-one-activity-tracker?CAWELAID=&cm_mmc=PLA_bng%7C404_49302%...

Best Answer

Hi Everyone, 

If looking for a replacement for the One, as mentioned in my post here, One is still available in the US and Canada Fitbit.com, though on backorder. Orders are currently being fulfilled. If you are unable to purchase a One, the Fitbit Zip is still available. I understand that may not be an ideal option, but it is still available. 

Also mentioned, Fitbit will continue to support the One. Customer support will be available and if your tracker is within warranty and needs a replacement, it will be replaced. 

If you are experiencing issues with your One, there are two issues currently affecting One users: One Not holding a Charge since iOS 2.39 update and One not Syncing after Samsung Update.  Our engineers are actively looking into these issues. If you feel this is happening to you, please refer to those posts. Let's keep this thread on topic to discuss the One retail status and alternatives to the One. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

To the person who gave the link to REI :

THANK YOU so much. I just ordered the Fitbit One, in Burgundy, which is the color I have wanted for a long, long time. 

Fee shipping, discounted price, and a one-year return policy - what more can you want?? Thank you again - you have made my day!!!!!

Best Answer

Omg, I love you so much for posting the REI link!! 🙂

Community at its best!

Best Answer
I would consider one of the other Fitbit trackers if they had a clip
option, I do wear the Flex to bed at night. I just don't want to wear it on
my wrist during the day.
Best Answer

Is the One that I have on backorder going to have issues with my Samsung phone when it eventually arrives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will it be replaced with a similar sized and shaped tracker?  I have not found the wrist trackers to be as accurate and I do not like the shape of the zip

Best Answer

I  hope so. I prefer a clip on tracker. Not a wristband. 

Best Answer

@nbbaron wrote:

e.jpgMy first two Fitbits! May they rest in peace!

Did you mean pieces?  😜  I've got an original and ultra that wound up the same.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Super_mr2 Since there is an issue with trackers syncing since the last Samsung update you may have the same issues with multiple trackers if using a Samsung phone. 

@rloberg I don't have any information on a replacement for One at this time, sorry. 

@Baltoscott Thanks for the memories! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

If you were me, would you get a new phone or switch brands of tracker?  I have a replacement One on order and may have to cancel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Super_mr2 If you are replacing your One because it won't sync after the Samsung update, I would suggest canceling your order. Once the bug is fixed your original One should work normally. 

Best Answer
I'm not going to replace the One. It's been working like a charm up until
now. I just wish they could solve the problem soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just bought one after a trial run with a Zip.  So why are you still selling them if they are to become obsolete? Should I return mine for a refund?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would keep it as it is superior will hold a charge for 2 weeks and last a
year or two.
Best Answer

Thanks DiDi,

At 87, I have so much to learn and find a new Window on the Fitbit site every day!  Life is so complicated now, especially when one has not been raised with computers. Perhaps I will manage to get it all set up when I have computer literate member of the family staying with me, although I must say the Fitbit team have been very helpful and attentive.

Best Answer

Yes, but there have been no updates since 8/27 - 2 weeks ago!  No one in chat support knows anything either,  That is why people are getting frustrated.  The same thing happened when the Aria stopped working when Comcast updated it's routers - total denial that there was ever a problem.  I don't think it was ever corrected, we had to do work arounds setting up dual wireless accounts.  Now they're telling us to do work arounds with the one - turn off all day sync, etc.  I've relied on the one for 3 years to help lose 100 lbs and it seems like i won't be able to do so any longer.  I have a blaze for the weekends, but I need the one for my work week wardrobe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

nope - my blaze syncs fine and holds it's charge properly - never as long as a one but still 3-4 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

the zip is larger and bulkier than the one and has a fraction of the functionality of the One.  Many of us don't like wearing things on our wrists or can't because of nature of our jobs.  I am severely dissappointed that the ONe is being discontinued without a true replacement. 

If anything the ONe should be kept and the zip should be discontinued.

Best Answer
I spoke with Fitbit staff and check that we can replace our Fitbit one and receive in 3-4 weeks. All Fitbit products should have a clip on .
Best Answer
0 Votes