Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Fitbit One dying?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my second fitbit one (I lost the first one) and I acquired it in April 2014. The wristband has long since disintegrated, as has the little clip-carrier. The protective plastic coating is also the worse for the wear. For a while now, it hasn't synced to the dongle in my computer, though it syncs fine to my Android phone. This morning I went downstairs to collect my phone and went back upstairs again, and repeated the process to return my phone to its charger, going back upstairs again. My fitbit shows one flight of stairs. Anyway, I tried restarting it, as suggested on the forums when I looked, and I also tried setting up the fitibit connect again in case that was the problem. After all that, it's still not syncing and though I can't say whether any more flights of stairs will count correctly I can't help wondering whether it's time to replace it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

3 years is a long time. My first one died about 3 1/2 years

Contact support. Even tho it is out of warranty they should offer you a discount on getting a new one

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 1/2 years... okay I'm getting there. Thanks. It is looking very shabby at the moment. When we were on holiday last month, my husband's fitbit was recording 1000 more steps on the walk to the beach than mine was, so I guess it's a downward slope to final death. I'll probably look at one of the watch formats, my watch (battery) also died recently but as I can't read the watch any more I thought to replace it. I'm currently wearing an old Swatch, which is bright green and kinda clashes with everything. My sander also fell apart while I was sanding something, and my body analysis weighing scale stopped doing the electronics. Are there sunspots at the moment or is it just me?

Best Answer
0 Votes