Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get my One to sync with either Fitbit Connect on my laptop OR on my iPhone all of a sudden. Tried rebooting computer and iPhone, no luck. On the phone it just says "Looking" forever. On the laptop it says "Searching for Fitbit tracker" for a long time and then goes to "not working? try again." Anyone know what might be up?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Surfdog wrote:

I've hadt he same problem for the past two weeks. Nothing syncs. Good luck getting help from Fitbit support.

FYI I reset the One (plugged it into charger plugged into laptop, held button down 12 seconds, unplugged it, held button til it turned on) and it syncs both places again. So maybe try that. My directions are probably less than stellar so you might want to look them up.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

On the laptop do you have the Dongle plugged in?

dongle.png

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I've had the same problem for a few weeks now.  Nothing seems to work for me.

Thank you,
Susan B
Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've hadt he same problem for the past two weeks. Nothing syncs. Good luck getting help from Fitbit support.

Best Answer

@WendyB wrote:

On the laptop do you have the Dongle plugged in?

dongle.png

Yes, it's been plugged in all this time and always worked until now.

Best Answer

@Surfdog wrote:

FYI I reset the One (plugged it into charger plugged into laptop, held button down 12 seconds, unplugged it, held button til it turned on) and it syncs both places again. So maybe try that. My directions are probably less than stellar so you might want to look them up.

Best Answer

My fit bit one has also decided to not sync 4 days ago using windows 10.  Have tried to get it to work on other computers and older with windos 7.  It used to work, will not work now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @csc_dsb. Did you try restarting your One?

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs...

Please let us know how it goes.

TW

Best Answer

The reset worked.  Thank you very much!

Best Answer
Thank you! This worked for me and now it is syncing again properly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much! The procedure to restart the fit bit worked. The fit bit is syncing again properly.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@csc_dsb@MorgnsGrl@Dklvs@missb267

Glad to hear that everything if fine. Yes, whenever there is trouble with the One or syncing, a successful restart is always the best #1 troubleshooting tip.

Thank you all for chiming in with an update. Have a nice day.

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  It used to sync fine, now it doesn't sync to my iPhone or PC.  The dongle is plugged in.  The iPhone looks and doesn't see it, the PC searches for a while then says not working.  I tried restarting and factory reset a couple of times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Lillia, thanks for stopping by! Have you tried setting up your tracker as a new device

I'll be around!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  I have tried all suggestions.  I have restarted it several times and on all of my devices it continues to say 'looking'.   I'm frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey my friend @suz721, welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying all the suggestions we shared here in order to solve the syncing issues. 

At this point my best recommendation would be to get in touch with Customer Support directly so they can give you a hand on this. Don't forget to mention all the steps you've done so far to avoid getting the same ones.

You'll be in good hands! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reset worked for me but two hours later I had to reset it again.  Maybe it won't happen again and  thanks for the tip on how to reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't hesitate to keep us posted my friend @Beetle02 Smiley Very Happy!

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! The reset solved this problem for me too. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes