Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing with challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit One is not syncing with challenges.  It did it once today but it hasn't updated on the challenge screen.  It will update my daily steps but not on the challenge section.  Anyone else having problems?  I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it as well as restarted my Iphone.  It updated just once and now it won't update.  I do not want to continue to do that sync it in the challenge.  Any solutions?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

My thought would be to go into the phone settings and clear Fitbits data. That is if your on android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It finally is working again.  Thanks for your help.  I think it was just a glitch in the app server or something. I have an Iphone so I don't think I could clear the data like you mentioned before but all is well again, thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Was there any particular tging tou sid to make it work. If you explain it we then can mark this thread as solved, ands that will help others.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem! I did what chelleb0703 did, but mine still did not sunch. I have an iphone 6 +. This is the first time this has happened to me sibce I purchased my one a year ago
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same type of iphone and unfortunately, it is acting up again.  It will update every once in awhile in the challenges but not every time I go to update in the challenge.  Sorry you are having the same problem.  I hope they fix it soon.  It probably is a glitch with the Iphone 6 + possibly.  

Best Answer
I'm having the same exact issues. Mine has synced twice today, but then it stops syncing again after that. It's frustrating me. I have an iPhone 6.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit one isn't syncing either. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem 4 months after this discussion. Did anyone ever figure out a fix?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CindyB0727 may we have more info? 

Was the challamge started in your timezone? I'm in one that is 5 hours off from my time. Only the steps slurring the actual challamge time count. 

When you say the steps aren't syncing, are any steps syncing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes