Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have not ised my Fitbit One in a couple of years, and I recently tried to sync it with my Note 8. Has the One been discontinued since it won't sync to my phone? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OK.  I can supply additional information, based on some troubleshooting.  Maybe this will help some folks.

1.  Twice this past week when I have gone to reboot my One, when I initially put the tacker in the charger, it shows no battery power left.  This, despite the fact that once I reboot, the tracker shows plenty pf battery power left.

2.  After I reboot, I can sync, most times.  Earlier today, I had to reboot twice.  (The first time, the tracker was "found," but there was a problem syncing, even after retrying.)  But the second reboot did the trick.

I wonder if others also have the same experience.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Yes it has been discontinued but it is still supported.

When these devices are not charged for long periods of time it deplets the battery so it wont work.

Im sure thats why yours is not working

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Oh no! So it will nwver never work again? 
Car

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but no as the battery has been depleted by not charging it

It's dead may it Rip

There is no way to bring it back

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Sad

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@carpac Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that your One is not syncing properly.

I'd recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps to sort this out. It may still work. 

Is it still turning on and charging?

@WendyB Thanks for your help on this thread.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I will try that. Thank you. Yes, its still turns on and changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@carpac Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear it charges and turns on.

Please try that out and let me know the outcome. If that doesn't work we can try contacting customer support and see what options they have for you. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can set up the ONE on my fitbit account, but it still does not connect to my phone. I'm beginning to think that it's not compatible with my Note 8. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

@carpac Thanks for your reply and for trying those steps in order to sort this out. 

Please check the compatibility list here. I see the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 listed, but not a Galaxy 8. Do you know if these are two different devices?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I know there is a difference! Thanks.

Best Answer

@carpac You are very welcome! Thanks for your reply and for confirming the information.

In the meanwhile, you can use a computer to sync your One.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. My ONE still works, and it shows up on ky bluetooth choices on my phone. The only problem is that it will not sync to my Note 8. I think my phone is the issue and not my fitbit one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@carpac Thanks for your reply! I'm glad to read that your One still works properly.

Yes, that could be the reason why it is not syncing with that device as the Note 8 is not showing under the list of supported devices.

By any chance, can you use a supported mobile device to sync? You could also use a computer to sync your tracker.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having issues with my Fitbit One not syncing. It was fine until about 5 days ago. Now it won't synchronize on my iPhone, iPad, or Mac. I have tried every suggested in the article you linked. The Fitbit One is recording data, which I can see on the device, but it can't connect to the account.

Best Answer

In another forum, I reported noticing this earlier in the week.  I thought it had cured itself when the device synced again yesterday morning.  It hasn't synced since. Neither driver can "find" my One, even when the dongle or phone are right next to it.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Best Answer

Exactly what is happening to me too!Recovery Runner, 

Best Answer

OK.  I can supply additional information, based on some troubleshooting.  Maybe this will help some folks.

1.  Twice this past week when I have gone to reboot my One, when I initially put the tacker in the charger, it shows no battery power left.  This, despite the fact that once I reboot, the tracker shows plenty pf battery power left.

2.  After I reboot, I can sync, most times.  Earlier today, I had to reboot twice.  (The first time, the tracker was "found," but there was a problem syncing, even after retrying.)  But the second reboot did the trick.

I wonder if others also have the same experience.

Best Answer

Thank you joanheminway! It worked!

Best Answer

Super news, @KJwisconsin  I hope that this is not a common occurrence . . . .  Glad to help.

Best Answer