Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

after the last updates my fitbit will not sync. Anyone still having issues? I have 2 of them. Ugh. Not happy been several weeks and still not resolved.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
214 REPLIES 214

@wondergal67 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!  

Your post was exactly what I needed and by following each step, was the only one to get my Fitbit syncing again.  I had tried other steps individually (uninstalling and reinstalling the app, resetting my Fitbit etc) ... but nothing else worked.

so like you - I am very thankful to Grace 😊

Best Answer

I contacted Customer Services via online chat and they walked me through the process and reset my fitbit and it seems to be working properly now. 

Best Answer

After trying everything else THIS worked. Thank you!!

Best Answer

I've had the problem repeatedly recently. I had to go through the steps listed (basically turn off while plugged into charging cable/computer, then re-start) twice in one day, then it worked for two weeks, didn't sync again this morning. I should not have to keep doing this. This is a new problem, needs to be fixed on FitBit's end. I'm almost ready to throw mine in the trash.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally gave up and i am not returning to fitbit. These units are not cheap and to have to go thru this all the time. Hope you have better luck.

Best Answer

Tried all of this still doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for trying all of those steps in order to sort this out. I talked to someone at customer support and they informed me that you have an open case regarding this with them. Please reply to their emails to get further assistance on this matter. They should be able to help you out with this!

@Rierie01 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying all of those steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further steps.

@wondergal67 Thanks for your feedback. I contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@SantiR I appreciate your response. I haven't heard from anyone so I can't reply to their emails. Any clue when that might happen? I just had to go through these steps AGAIN. This is especially problematic when this happens when I'm away from home, since it must be connected to the computer. Also it drains the battery when this keeps happening. I'm really tired of this.

Best Answer

I'm confident they want the ONE to die. I won't sync and haven't for a year. No problems with my One, yet. But one day they will stop supporting the one via the app-- then on to some other company.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner thanks for your reply and for trying those steps! I just got in contact with and they should be contacting you in the next hours. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@Justonlyjane I hope you're doing well! Are you experiencing any issues with your One? If you cannot sync please try the steps on this article.

See you around! 

Best Answer
Does another company make something comparable to the One, i.e. not a rubber bracelet?

Kathy
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure about other companies models. However, feel free to check this thread about One Availability and Alternatives. You should find helpful information there.

Did customer support got in contact with you already?

Best Answer

Worked! Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@rloberg Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying those steps. I'm really happy to hear that they worked and that you are back on track now. Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

To Leester2017,

Thank you. After trying and failing with several suggested solutions - the one you posted from a Fitbit Forum is the one that finally worked for me!!

Best Answer

@Codeedog Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread. I'm very glad to hear that you were able to find a solution at the Fitbit Community!

I will just quote what @Leester2017 posted that was so helpful:

"Log out of your fitbit account then turn off your Bluetooth next put your fitbit in the charger and hold the button down for exactly 15 seconds.  After 15 seconds take fitbit off the charger (your fitbit should not come on).  Turn on fitbit and then turn on Bluetooth sign in to your fitbit account your fitbit should start syncing."

Find the post here.

Best Answer

It was that little bit that did the trick:

• "Press and hold the button on the tracker for 15 seconds.  Not 10-12.  15 seconds.  The device should not light up when removed from the charging cable."

Thank you!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I've had the problem repeatedly recently. I had to go through the steps listed (basically turn off while plugged into charging cable/computer, then re-start) twice in one day, then it worked for two weeks, didn't sync again this morning. I should not have to keep doing this. This is a new problem, needs to be fixed on FitBit's end. I'm almost ready to throw mine in the trash.

Hello @SunsetRunner,

I experience this exact issue except it seems it happens to me on a weekly basis instead of bi-weekly. Have you ever found a fix or workaround for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was rather often, too - no real pattern to it. The Fitbit people suggested several times that I delete the app on all but one device. I resisted doing that, but finally did out of desperation. Oddly, that seems to have solved the problem, although it hasn't been long enough to be a real test. I'm still not happy about it, since it was a new problem and I do believe it was on Fitbit's end and they should fix it. There isn't a valid reason for it to not work if using more than one device.

Best Answer
0 Votes