Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

after the last updates my fitbit will not sync. Anyone still having issues? I have 2 of them. Ugh. Not happy been several weeks and still not resolved.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
214 REPLIES 214

@Bette It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the piece of information that helped you out with this.

I'm really glad to read you were able to find a solution in the Fitbit Community. Hopefully, that workaround will be helpful for other users too. 

@richardeid I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting you are also experiencing the syncing situation. 

I'd recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps to get this sorted. This has helped other users in the past.

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with One so far.

I'm glad to read that it is now working correctly. Please let me know how it continues to work.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I have wondered that too. I like the clip on instead of a wrist band type.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vrmk Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your opinion on this thread regarding Fitbit One.

I understand that clip on trackers are comfortable to wear, please check this thread about One Availability and Alternatives you may find useful.

See you around! 

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  Bought used on e-bay and can't update it.  Still showing the time from where I purchased it even after hard reset twice.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JCSJ Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Fitbit One not syncing.

The time is showing as the same because it hasn't synced lately. I'd recommend following these syncing troubleshooting steps to sort this out. Try the steps in the order given there for best results. That should certainly help you out.

Best Answer
Thanks. Figured it out and it works just great!
Best Answer

@JCSJ Thanks for your reply! I'm really glad to read that you are back on track now and One working great!

Can you share what steps you have done to get back on track? That way, other users will benefit from it.

Thanks again and keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Certainly. I did what I should have done originally. After I tried a hard
reboot twice I clicked on my Sync icon and when it wouldn't let me sync it
came up that my fitbit wasn't recognized (duh on my part) . So once that
came up it gave me the option of adding a new fitbit. Once I did that
everything worked just fine. When you only do this once in two years, it's
not always easy to remember the steps and I couldn't find anything to get
me to that point. Maybe an article on that subject.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JCSJ Thanks for your reply and for providing that information! I'm really glad to read that you are back on track now. 

About the steps on how to do this, I will leave an article which explains these steps about setting it up as a new device:

All the information is there, I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

This worked perfect!  Thanks so much!

Best Answer

I followed these steps and it worked. My fitbit synched. Once. The problem was I had to do this every time I wanted to synch my fitbit. Today, I accidentally discovered a solution. I let my fitbit run completely out of power. I plugged it in for a while and when I powered it up, it synched as I expected. Then, when I came back from lunch today, it synched automatically again. No idea why. But if this is a recurring problem for you, I recommend letting your fitbit run out of juice.

Best Answer
Thanks! It seems to be working for now anyway!
Best Answer

@rmdpv It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for confirming that the steps you found on this thread worked for you and that you are back on track. Hopefully, other user will also find this thread to be helpful.

@Step_in_Time Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thank you very much for sharing the workaround that helped you out to get this solved! Interesting solution, hopefully it will be helpful for other users that are experiencing something similar. I'm glad you are back on track now, thanks for sharing your experience.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Nothing seems to fix this issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, unpaired and repaired the One, and ran the battery out as suggested. No change. The only thing that does anything at all is restarting the Fitbit, which will allow synching for 20-30 minutes before it breaks again. The issue exists identically on both mine and my wife's Ones. Is anything going to be done about this?

Best Answer

Do you by any chance have the app installed on more than one device, i.e. iPhone and iPad? Having the app on only one device was suggested to me by a Fitbit employee, and I reluctantly removed the app from my iPad. It works. I don't understand why, and I'm not happy to have to resort to that, but it did work, and it has been working for at least a couple of months since I did that. Prior to that, I was having to restart my Fitbit often. I will also note that the problem started a few months ago, and I've had the Fitbit for about 4 years, so this was obviously a change on their end causing the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, the Fitbit is only set up to our cell phones; mine to mine, hers to
hers. There was never another pairing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. This exactly. Keeps recurring. Works for a few weeks, then gets stuck again. Maddening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoshMc Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One not syncing. Thanks for performing the restart steps and all the other steps you were able to find to sort this out.

By any chance, have you tried all of the syncing troubleshooting steps provided on this helpful article? I'd recommend trying all of the steps provided there in the order given for best results. If you already did some of the steps showing there, please try them again. 

@Step_in_Time Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details! Please try the steps I left in the link above as well. Remember, to try them in the order given for best results. 

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply as well! Thanks for sharing your help/workaround and experience on this thread. Feel free to also report that strange situation to customer support through the case I created for you to get further assistance with that. Let me know the results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup @SantiR, did all those things, no good.  One single time I got an error (system-level toast popup) that said something along the lines of "unable to pair, incorrect PIN or passkey."  Since restarting my FitBit One solves the problem for 20-30 minutes, I've concluded the problem is one of two things:

-Either the BT radio inside the One itself (but this was not previously a problem on this same One firmware version, 6.64, until fairly recent updates of the Fitbit app, so I don't think that's actually it)

-OR the Fitbit app has been changed in such a way that it no longer remembers how to actually talk to a One.

I have been a loyal user for literally 5 years now, and this device has years of service life left in.  I just want the **ahem** thing to work, and the problem is clearly entirely on Fitbit's end of the equation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I’ve been saying all along that something had changed on Fitbit’s end. They don’t care.

Your theory about the One not talking to the app makes sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes