Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have not ised my Fitbit One in a couple of years, and I recently tried to sync it with my Note 8. Has the One been discontinued since it won't sync to my phone? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

@joanheminway I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing those workarounds! It seems it has helped @KJwisconsin to get back on track and that is just great! I marked your post as an accepted solution too. Smiley Happy Thanks again.

@KJwisconsin It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! I'm so glad to read that you found a solution on the Community! I'm glad that you are back on track now. Hopefully, the solution will help other users too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy
Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @SantiR.  Unfortunately, I seem to have to keep rebooting to sync--not all the time, but today I had to reboot twice.  The second time was just before midnight.  I hope this one's cons tutu.

Now, it appears my tracker has attributed yesterday's steps to today!  (A bonus, but not one I value . . .) I am thinking the forced reboot at around the day change may have confused the tracker . . . .  Anyway, I just reviewed this thread, and learned that others who have had this issue have found that it clears itself up for the next day.  So, I will just wait and see. 

But in the mean time, if there is a way for you to help ensure that my device can sync with my computer more consistently without rebooting, that would be great!

Regards.

Best Answer

@joanheminway Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. Are you still experiencing the same?

Yes, it should reset itself at midnight every day. Did yours reset correctly the day after? 

Also, try plugging in the dongle on a different USB port. You could also try restarting your computer. Additionally, have you checked these syncing troubleshooting steps for computers?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @SantiR.  At midnight, it did reset.  I continue to have sporadic syncing issues, especially on the computer.  I was just able to sync fine now on the computer.  On the phone, it's much the same.  Also, the phone app sometimes will say it has synced, but the current number of steps will not show up on the daily activity page until quite a bit after it shows up on the page showing several days of activity.  And getting the data to show for previous days takes even longer.  I am not sure why that is.  Maybe that is a connection speed issue?

And thanks for he link to the trouble-shooting.  Yes, I have used it before.  It is a good reminder to not have the phone and computer together when I try to sync.  So, I will try to be more aware of that, too.

I will continue to keep you posted, as necessary or desired.

Best Answer

@joanheminway Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. I'm glad to read that it is syncing. 

That could be happening as a result of several things, like Internet connection speed or amount of data it needs to sync. If it is syncing several days, it will take longer. The good thing is that it is syncing every day correctly. 

On the phone, Bluetooth connection is another thing that needs to be solid. Having the syncing devices away from each other is definitely a good idea so interference is avoided. 

Yes, please keep me posted as needed or desired! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Did you try putting it on the charger overnight? Mine went completely dead for about 3 days and it took a while to charge back up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dutch1811 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread to help other users.

Did your Fitbit One worked properly after doing that?

Please let me know if you are experiencing ant difficulties with your tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
 I have had my Fitbit for about 6 years now. The battery went completely dead and I did not have my charger. When I finally got it charged the date and time was wrong. It will no longer sync to my phone,I have to use my lap top. The time will not correct itself. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dutch1811 Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. It's been a long time since you have your One.

I'd recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps to sort this out. This has helped other users in the past. Also, are you sure it is completely syncing with your laptop? 

Also, check that your time zone settings are correct. If they are, once your tracker syncs, the time will show correctly.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you,  I am out of town right now but will try these steps in a few days and will get back to you. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dutch1811 Thanks for your reply! That sounds good. Have a nice trip!

I'll be waiting then. In the meantime, check the Discussions Board. There are plenty of interesting threads to read. Feel free to post on any of them!

Best Answer
0 Votes