Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Tracking Too many steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is recording about 10% more steps than I take.  This isn't a result of it being near vibration or anything like that.  Adjusting the stride length appears to have no effect on this.  Any ideas how to correct?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Not sure how to fix it but I've been having the same issue, particularly when I run. It shows me logging sub-7 minute miles. I wish I could run that fast but I am decades beyond that capability at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol. I tried contacting Fitbit support but that was not helpful either. I also tried changing the stride length but it didn’t seem to make any difference.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerryS_1 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One. Also, thanks for contacting customer support regarding this.

Have you tried performing a restart on your One already? This should help you out with this.

You can also try wearing your One in a different position. Please check this help article for more details.

@ScottMelrose I hope you're doing well! Thanks for also reporting that you are experiencing this. Please try the above steps too to sort this out.

Let me know how it goes! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Doing a restart did not seem to make a difference. I wear my Fitbit clipped to my waistband. I don’t always have a pocket but I can try that when I do.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a restart and there was no change.

I carry my Fitbit in my front pants pocket or clipped to the pocket when I run. I have done this for as long as I have used the Fitbit One.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerryS_1 @ScottMelrose Thanks for your replies and for trying those steps to sort it out. 

Wearing it in a different location may do a difference. Also, some other factors can cause some over counting of steps, such as riding on a bumpy road. If you do pick up some steps while driving, check this help article for steps on how to erase them.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve basically decided just to live with it. I know it tracks about 10% more steps than it should do I just adjust based on that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerryS_1 Thanks for your reply! Please let me know if you need some help or customer support to contact you.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes