Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One life expectancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is the life expectancy of the One?  I've had mine since the summer on 2013 and the battery is dieing pretty quickly after three years.  Before I throw it in the trash, I want to see if others had theirs longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

I think it really depends. I have had my one for 3 years and no problem with battery dying. But it sounds like your is.

If you are going to get another contact support they will offer you a discount.

Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @red_vette, as @WendyB mentioned here, I have mine too for almost 3 years too and still is working fine, so beside the great suggestion were offered already, you can give it a try to this suggestions:

With the time the charging contacts on your tracker can accumulate dirt and debris that prevents the contacts from making a good connection and provide a decent charge to your tracker. Try to use a hand sanitizer and a tissue or dampen a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and carefully clean the charging contacts on your tracker and charger. If a cotton swab does not fully remove the dirt or debris, use a toothpick or toothbrush. Make sure to dry your tracker carefully before charging it again.

I wish you the best and happy stepping.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just want to chime in and say I got my One in December 2012 and love it still. The clip is cracked after all this time, but seriously the device itself is still going strong after three years and seven months!

Best Answer
Have had mine since 2011 and plug it into the charger about once every three weeks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the Fitbit love, but the One wasn't out until the end of 2012. I was hoping for honest feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow, I apologize for not checking my message I got my ONE in late 2012 as a gift, not 2011. Sorry to upset you so red_vette, it was a typo. I'll be sure to keep my opinions to myself.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Sally46, @red_vette and welcome aboard @yolajo. It's good to have new faces around and thank you for sharing with us how strong still is running your One despite the beltclip damage.Robot Very Happy

@Sally46@red_vette, I' sure it was a mistake about the released date of the One, I cant even remembered when it was until you mentioned here. However I want to pointed out this is a friendly community where we have the chance to share experiences and ideas with other users to have a healthy lifestyle. So please keep sharing your opinions and suggestions, as other moderators and users; I'm happy to read all your comments. Robot wink

Keep me updated, I'll be around if you need any additional idea.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I got my Fitbit One in October 2014 and used it daily until January 2017, when it couldn't hold  a charge (it went downhill very fast).  So about 2 years is my experience, and many others if you check on other community sites.  The One is one of the few clip-ons, and I have an Apple Watch, so even with that lifespan I bought a new One.

Best Answer

I had mine from 2007 and worked great untl I put it through the washer and the dryer about a month ago.  Then the battery would hold the charge for only several hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I am mistaken when I purchased mine if they only came out in 2012 - sorry.  But it was still workiing great and holding the charge until I washed and dried it.  It continued to work but would not hoold the charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip.

@WendyB wrote:

I think it really depends. I have had my one for 3 years and no problem with battery dying. But it sounds like your is.

If you are going to get another contact support they will offer you a discount.

Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit one since May 2015.  Over the course of a few days the battery life plummeted.  The last time I charged it, it only held for a few hours and then died completely, now it won't charge at all.  I contacted customer service, but all they did was send me troubleshooting tips on charging and say that Fitbit's are a long lasting product.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a similar issue. I recontacted after I got that message and explained that to them through email via twitter and they did I good job of taking care of me. They gave me info then, great customer service.

Pardon my autocorrect, this message was sent from my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got my Fitbit One in 2013 and it did well until I put it through the
washer and dryer in the fall of 2016. The replacement I purchased I lost
within a few months, so can't give a review on that one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you follow through on all the suggestions/tips?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. My battery was two years old with a lot of use. It died after a good fight.

Pardon my autocorrect, this message was sent from my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After several back and forth emails they offered me a 25% discount on a new Fitbit.  But I find it hard to justify the cost of a new unit if they only have a two year life span.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had no problem with the same offer as the ONE works for me and the other choices are more costly upfront.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

i can't get my fitbit one to synch. i un-instaleld the app - re-installed. tried everything - from the help site. but nothing works. i can see my steps on the actual clip - but won't synch to my Mac or Phone app. 

and i can't get it to synch with my dongle - says it can't find it. :O( :0( 

any suggestions?? 

thank you! 

Best Answer