Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One life expectancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is the life expectancy of the One?  I've had mine since the summer on 2013 and the battery is dieing pretty quickly after three years.  Before I throw it in the trash, I want to see if others had theirs longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

I have had mine since 2012 but I think it is finally going in the fitbit heaven.  Won't sync and losing charge daily.

Best Answer
Plug your dongle into the computer and do a reset. It's in the help section of the fit bit website. That's what worked for me. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

worked today when I tried to add it again, very strange.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the program saying it can't find the dongle when I have it plugged in.  I began using a One in March 2013.  It has been fine until recently when it often won't synch, claiming it can't find the dongle.  it is irregular.  I'll try cleaning the contacts on the dongle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah, I agree, nothing last forever.  But do call customer service, hopefully they will offer you a 25% discount on a new ONE.  That's what I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit one only holds a charge for a couple of days now.  It is just shy of 3 years old.  I managed to find a replacement battery on AliExpress - not quite 100% identical, but close in size so i'm going to try and revive it (it will require soldering).    Rechargeable batteries do not last forever - everyone knows this.  I cannot justify paying more money for what is essentially a disposable product.  If the battery replacement exercise doesn't work - i'll probably get an iWatch.  At least they are repairable and the cost not not too dissimilar from the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my fitbit one since April of 2013.  It is just now beginning to give me problems with not syncing properly and the battery needs to be charged more frequently. I used to only charge it every three to four weeks when it was brand new.  I have used it daily and I have no complaints whatsoever.  I figure that a device that cost me $100 and gave me 41/2 years is worth every penny.  I will be replacing it soon. 

Best Answer