Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

is that why it has stopped syncing? my fitbit one will not sync and I have tried everything your site suggests to fix it. I see lots of others have the same problem over the last few days so not my issue but yours. From what I see, no one seems to be trying to fix it. maybe time to swap allegience

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

@sbdriver Glad to hear you are syncing. And it doesn't sound like you are left behind, you uninstalled Fitbit Connect and installed the app, which would confuse many!

The Community Forums on the app are found by clicking on the account menu, then under Help. Of course, you can always come to the Community through the web on https://community.fitbit.com.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thank you Kate.   If you could point out for me where the account menu is, I'd appreciate it.  Again, I'm sure it's there, I just don't know where to look.  Everything looks so different!

One more question.  On the website page there is graph that shows my steps throughout the day.  Is there a way to have that come up on the app as well?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sbdriver the account menu should be on the turquoise banner on top, it's a rectangle icon with a circle and three lines inside. I'm sorry I don't have the Windows 10 app otherwise, I'd post a screenshot. Smiley Sad

You should see your step count on a large tile with circles and if you click on it, you should see further graphs. This article may be of help if you don't see the tile or need more information on the app. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

My Fitbit One has been giving me problems since Monday.  Will not automatically sync.  I can EVENTUALLY get it to Sync with many, many manual tries and resetting the Fitbit and rebooting.  This is super annoying and time consuming.  From all the posts on this board, there is obviously a problem on FitBits end.  Why can't they fix it?  Note that this is at least the 3rd time in the past year that this issue has come up.

Best Answer

I don't have a turquoise banner on top.  My banner is white, but I did find the account menu.  I didn't realize I had to scroll down to find the help section.  

When I click on the steps tile I get a weekly graph, but not the hourly one that I have on the website.  I am trying to decipher the information article, but I seem to be going in circles with it.  I'll keep trying.  

Thanks for your help Kate.  

Best Answer
Call customer service - I was on with them for a while and I wasn't
optimistic, but it's now working again!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  The restart fixed my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One has stopped auto syncing since I updated Fitbit Connect to version 2.0.1.6802 a couple days ago.  It can still be synced manually using Fitbit Connect menu on my PC but can take a few tries.  I have tried resetting the Fit One three times now but still no auto sync.  Rebooted PC too.

What I have now:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Dongle v2.5

Fitbit Connect v2.0.1.6802

Fitbit One v6.60

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting it worked on the second try. Thank you so much, SteveH!!! I'm saving your suggestions for future non-syncing issues, as I am sure they will occur again--this is about the fourth time. Each time I have had to delete my. exe file and reinstall it. This is much, much easier, less frustrating, and a lot faster. I have restarted my Fitbit in the past, but it didn't work; however, no one ever said it could take three tries. Glad I saw your post.

Barbara J.

USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

edit: post removed - apologies - missed earlier posts before posting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to all who posted they were having syncing issues too. I was as well. Starting on Monday, as many others experienced. It makes me feel the problem is not at my end. I took the time to reset mine (again) and successfully synced through the dongle. 

Note: for those of you with the fitbit app, I've had no trouble syncing using my tablet, it is the syncing via PC that is dodgy. To save battery on my tablet, I do not allow all-day syncing (which I do on the PC) but that it always worked when I triggered a sync. 

At least, since my fitbit 'died' and wouldn't reset 9 days ago, and reset 16 hours later (so assuming overheating), it has counted steps. The silent alarm is less strong than before (I've missed it at least 4 times since then) and the syncing to computer is dodgy, but it is counting steps. 

I'm currently waiting for a new tracker to arrive, non-fitbit one, since there are too many signs this one is on its last legs. At least I was able to prove to myself that I want a wearable tracker to count steps. But the previous owner's experience with fitbit changing the reporting software has me agreeing that I will not financially support this company. I also have Pebble friends who are devastated with what fitbit has done to their product.

There's no guarantee the next company will be any more to my liking  but I decided to try someone else. The One is exactly what I need but fitbit seems to be trying to push the owners to the watch products which don't work for my use-case.  If they had brought out a new One-like product or continued to support the One at their end rather than remove functionality by changing the software reporting, I may have stayed with them, but I won't invest further in a product that is at the end of the company's support cycle. 

Best Answer

Followed the sync tips to the bitter end and have now fixed it so far.

Tried reinstalling Fitbit Connect without fixing it.

Finally, moved USB dongle from USB hub to USB port on PC and it seems to work again.

Dongle had been on USB hub for ages without problems.

Why did it suddenly stop working with new version of FitBit Connect software?

Why?  Why?  Why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All, 

I have managed to sync my fitbit one after resetting the fitbit about 3 times. Seemed to have done the trick. Did also uninstall and reinstall the fitbit app

Best Answer

Thanks, Shelley, for reposting the solution for ONE not syncing.  I tried it and it works.  Back in business!!!

Best Answer

Mine won't sync either. I have tried every suggestion multiple times. I am waiting to hear back from customer support. This is incredibly frustrating and disappointing.  

Best Answer

Interesting to come onto this forum and find others Fitbit One devices have stopped syncing since 16 June 2017 also?  Was working perfectly up to that point and the device is still collating data just the software says 'looking' - have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions but to no avail and the customer service is closed today so will try again tomorrow.  Seems to be quite a few of us so I am assuming its a technical hitch somewhere?

Best Answer
Did you try the suggestion of plugging it into the charger, holding down the button for about 15 seconds, take off charger and push button till ONE comes back on and try again. That worked for me. I found the solution in the community.

Sent from my iPad
Marsha Boex
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the fit bit software? Mine is not syncing unless I open up my computer. I can usually sync with my phone and/or computer. My actual one device looks a little different too and is not always recording steps etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I do that 8 to 10 times a day. Before this month when I had an occasional syncing problem it would work. Now it does not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had tried this on my own and nothing happened. A customer rep walked me through the process of resetting the Fitbit One but it didn't work either. There was no display.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes